4 Dr Z - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4 Dr Z
Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:34 PM
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/3158849455.html ...this seem *correct* is it truely just the motor that makes it a Z?...I mean No Fogs or sunroof nor ground fx of anykind ...appears to have hubcaps ..no spoiler...looks like <99 tailights?..the squareness of the reverse lights....price turned me off immediately but still seemed off....was actually looking for a 4dr 5sp car i had seen awhile back but no luck (

Re: 4 Dr Z
Friday, July 27, 2012 4:57 AM
The Z had an FE2 suspension package iirc. Some 4drs had no front sway bar the Z definitely did. Also in the Z'sZ there is a stiffening rod in the twist beam. Also the Z came with foglights. Aside from that stuff the engine is what really makes the difference.

Friday, July 27, 2012 4:59 AM
Lol I just meant Z's not Z'sZ lol. Anyways now that I think about it, I could be wrong, but the 4dr Z24s were specific to Canada and not a US option.

Friday, July 27, 2012 6:08 AM
My oldest daughter has a 2002 Z24 4 door.
My youngest daughter has a 1998 LS 4 door.

other than the badges and the side skirts & bumpers, there is no difference

dennis
Friday, July 27, 2012 6:18 AM
I have seen about 5 2000 4 door z24s around me. They were all the dark blue metallic. The had fog lights and side skirts. Never seen any in any other color but the blue. They also had the red bow ties.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Friday, July 27, 2012 6:23 AM
I wonder if anyone else sees a problem wit that ad? Look at the date of the pictures. 5 years ago!!!

Friday, July 27, 2012 7:16 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:I have seen about 5 2000 4 door z24s around me. They were all the dark blue metallic. The had fog lights and side skirts. Never seen any in any other color but the blue. They also had the red bow ties.

hers is black wherever the clear coat hasn't died.
red bow tie.

dennis
Friday, July 27, 2012 9:26 AM
That is definitely not a Z. For one thing, the only year they made a Z24 sedan (at leaast in the US) was 02, just before the switch to LS Sport and Eco.

Friday, July 27, 2012 3:02 PM
Gotta give the guy a B+ for salesmanship tho lol..yea i saw the date on the pics but i also have a digital cam i use very rarely that shows some random date stamp..but yea it really didnt look right but i wasnt positive, i suppose is possible they had the front bumper changed removed the sideskirts...switched trunklids......and im giving them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was bought in canada as its not located incredibly far from there....or maybe they just bought a set of Z badges for the fenders lol...
the taillights are wrong also yea?...2000 reverse lights are halfround no.?

Friday, July 27, 2012 6:56 PM
That's obviously a 4 door LS with a 2.4.

A true Z24 would have fog lights and the switch for them on the dash, ground effects, 16 inch alloy

Wheels & red bowties. And as mentioned above, the fact that they were only made in 2002...

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Saturday, July 28, 2012 3:57 PM
that trunklid is driving me nuts tho...is that a LS after the cavalier or something else and seeing 3rd brakelite on rear shelf points to it not being changed so why are the reverse lights rectangle?
..good eye on the no foglight switch meaning prolly same bumper...is it possibly some canadian special order thing? Slapping on a set of Z badges seems kinda weird to do to sell a car ...Wiki says they did it from 2000-02 but dunno how reliable that is...the red bowtie thing ive heard also...was that exclusive to Z's alone or would it have come on a certain color car also?

Saturday, July 28, 2012 5:38 PM
I have only ever seen them on z24s. I read there may be some other models with red bow ties but I have never seen it even at a junkyard I look for red bow ties or lip kit.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 6:07 PM
Alterior motive for last part there as i recently, literally, found a hood on the roadside for sale...was green but in very good shape but it too has a red bowtie and find it kinda neat that i just happened to have found another Z hood , guy said he picked it up at a JY for his car but got wrong year or something judging by the headlight he was trying to sell me with it lol

Sunday, July 29, 2012 9:44 PM
Kevin Richter wrote:That's obviously a 4 door LS

The give-away is the interior cloth. Blue checked cloth was ONLY available in the LS Sedan.

He's put the older tail lights on it.. that's the only difference.
Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:26 PM
That car has some problems. It's an 00 with 95-99 rear bumper & tails, 00-02 non Z front bumper, lack of paint on handles/mirrors and a mysterious 2.4 engine with Z badging with hub capped wheels. I am stumped with this one, lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search