2.2 ecotec mounts. how many? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotec mounts. how many?
Friday, October 26, 2012 8:38 PM
does the ecotec have one upper and one lower? i need to know for when i get the turbotech mount/s.
and i want to thank everyone who has answered my posts. you guys have been a huge help with planning my build! thank you all!

Re: 2.2 ecotec mounts. how many?
Friday, October 26, 2012 11:09 PM
Yes one upper mount, at the front of the engine to the passenger side of the engine bay and one lower (dogbone) that goes from a bracket on the oil pan of the engine back to the frame.
Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:43 AM
SilvrSunfir wrote:Yes one upper mount, at the front of the engine to the passenger side of the engine bay and one lower (dogbone) that goes from a bracket on the oil pan of the engine back to the frame.

Thanks!

Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:48 PM
Well if you are doing your motor mounts yes there are 2. But you should do your tranny mounts while doing things. They make a big diff with the motor mounts.

And when buying motor mounts get the level zero upper and lower mounts. Or get the rksport one.

Both better than the TTR mounts.
Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:08 PM
Jason Burten wrote:Well if you are doing your motor mounts yes there are 2. But you should do your tranny mounts while doing things. They make a big diff with the motor mounts.

And when buying motor mounts get the level zero upper and lower mounts. Or get the rksport one.

Both better than the TTR mounts.

Thanks for the suggestion! How many trans mounts are there?

Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:05 PM
You just buy a set.....TTr does make the nicer trans bushings.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:41 PM
If auto there is one if 5 speed there is two.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:03 PM
And if and when you order the tranny mounts get the prothan tranny mounts not the solid.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search