99 Cavalier tension pulley - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99 Cavalier tension pulley
Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:20 PM
I want to put a new alternator on my 99 Cavalier but i can't get that damn tension pulley loose.anybody know what kind of wrench i need to loosen that pulley?

Re: 99 Cavalier tension pulley
Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:25 PM
on the 2.2 it's a 13mm head on the pulley bolt. You will pull it toward the front of the car to relieve the spring tension on the belt
dennis
Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:47 PM
a regular wrench won't get it though what kind of tool do i need
Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:53 PM
Sunday, November 25, 2012 3:39 AM
^ I love that site. Has everything.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:27 AM
The serpentine belt tools works if you have room and clearance.On a 2.2/2200 you might have to remove the upper motor mount bracket.Or use a 3 foot long flat steel bar on the end of the tensioner bracket and push down.Thats what I use because of the motor mount bracket being in the way.
Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:14 AM
The lack of clearance means you'll have to make something. I'll try to get a pic of what I made next time I head home

Monday, November 26, 2012 3:03 AM
01SilverFire wrote:The serpentine belt tools works if you have room and clearance.On a 2.2/2200 you might have to remove the upper motor mount bracket.Or use a 3 foot long flat steel bar on the end of the tensioner bracket and push down.Thats what I use because of the motor mount bracket being in the way.

I've never had a problem using my serpentine belt tool. I'm not sure how one wouldn't have clearance...

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:58 PM
SHOoff wrote:
01SilverFire wrote:The serpentine belt tools works if you have room and clearance.On a 2.2/2200 you might have to remove the upper motor mount bracket.Or use a 3 foot long flat steel bar on the end of the tensioner bracket and push down.Thats what I use because of the motor mount bracket being in the way.

I've never had a problem using my serpentine belt tool. I'm not sure how one wouldn't have clearance...

because hamfists.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search