converting to power windows - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
converting to power windows
Monday, June 24, 2013 8:21 PM
I know its been discussed before I swore I remember somebody having a skimatic on it but I cant find it.. I have a 4 door sunfire power locks but with manual windows.. I already need a new drivers door hit and run so when I go to the junk yard im picking up both front doors with power windows. Can anyone help me with a skimatic or anything on how to hook it up? Thanks tony

Re: converting to power windows
Monday, July 01, 2013 9:07 PM
Re: converting to power windows
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:29 PM
Are you just gonna grab the doors? If you are going to the scrapyard pick up the button/resistor/actuator whatever the fudge its called as well. if you arent taking the entire harness out of the "donor car" then maybe cut some of the harness heading underneath the centre console towards that main pin connector by the driver side foot well crap thing. Just to get the colours of what they are. Then go to a GM dealership and ask for a schematic for the power windows. Then you will "understand" what colours are which if you dont want to meter it out etc. Then just Install it aftermarket wise but with OEM parts. that would be easier then full swap of the harness that goes all the way back to the rear of the vehicle. My vehicle came with a sunroof, power mirrors, and a key fob/power door locks but no power windows, so I myself am thinking about doing it without a kit so that it looks OEM sorta.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search