2001 z24 head gasket? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2001 z24 head gasket?
Saturday, April 04, 2015 3:09 PM
i am thinking about purchasing a 2001 z24 with the quad four engine, after looking it over it seems to be a sound engine, i noticed the oil gap has the yellowish bubbles underneath the lid, im not sure if its been repaired in the past or what, but i drove it hard for 2 hours with the temp not fluctuating at all, it stayed halfway. the only problems with this is that and the throwout bearing in the clutch i believe is going bad, has anyone ever done the throw out bearing job? i want a little bit of information, the vehicle is very clean and has 145xxx miles on it, those are the only 2 problems i seen, they are asking $2600 out the door with tax, title,tags and all, your comments will be appreciated.

Re: 2001 z24 head gasket?
Tuesday, April 07, 2015 4:41 PM
Throw out bearing isn't bad to do. Drop the tranny.

Head gaskets usually don't go easily on these motors.

FU Tuning

Re: 2001 z24 head gasket?
Monday, April 13, 2015 9:44 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Throw out bearing isn't bad to do. Drop the tranny.

Head gaskets usually don't go easily on these motors.

First off i want to say your car is legit. thats what i have planned for mine almost. and i ended up buying the z24, the yellowish bubbles are no longer appearing (i believe this was a condensation issue) but i have confirmed that it needs a throwout bearing. i dont really want to do it but man this car is just too fun to drive to not fix it lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search