sway bar help - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sway bar help
Thursday, July 02, 2015 12:14 AM
So I wanna swap a front factory sway bar from my donar and was wondering how the hell am I suppose to get it off the car? Everything is unbolted from the sway bar but like is there a trick to getting it off without having to unbolt the subframe? Also on the passenger side on the d bushing what is that connected to the bolt? Looks like some sort of ground or something? If I have to end up removing the sub frame.. What's all involved? Is it worth the hassle? Keep in mind this is all done in a driveway so even possible?

ReD RaiN

Re: sway bar help
Friday, July 03, 2015 8:13 AM
You will have to pull the subframe to remove the sway bar.

And for the small gain the factory one will give you spend a bit of cash and buy the front and rear eibach sway bar kit and call it a day.
Friday, July 03, 2015 10:12 PM
Yea I'm thinking the same thing, plus save a headache. Just figured since it was free then why not, but 2nd thinking the outcome.

ReD RaiN
Friday, July 03, 2015 10:32 PM
Undo the endlinks and remove the two bolts from the swaybar brackets. Then snake it out. It's not that difficult.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, July 04, 2015 12:28 PM
Loosening the rear bolts in the subframe will help too with the larger sway bars.

Sunday, July 05, 2015 12:07 AM
Got working on the cars today and decided to give it another attempt with success. All i ended up having to do was obviously undue sway bar bolts and undid the two bolts on the strut, pulled it down a bit for clearance and undid tie rod end and snaked it out:p thanks for the help. I'm thinking it prob won't install as easy but least i know what to do now

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search