Air bag question. - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Air bag question.
Monday, June 20, 2016 6:27 PM
Hi everyone! I need a little help. I'm trying to do a good deed here. There is a broken down '02 Sunfire sitting down the road from my home. I'm not really sure what's happened but the windshield is busted and the airbags are deployed. There is no body damage whatsoever on the car, so I'm unsure what caused the airbags to pop. Anyhow it's been sitting for about 2 weeks and someone has recently busted the driver side window out of it. The people that own just don't have the money or knowledge to fix it and it needs to be moved. My question is, is it at all possible to start it with the blown airbags.
I recently read online about someone who replaced their airbags, but not the sensors and the car still wouldn't start, until they replaced the battery. So what I was thinking, is that in that case the computer was reset while changing the battery. So would resetting the computer possibly start this car.
I'm just trying to be a good person and help this person get their car home. Please help!

Re: Air bag question.
Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:00 AM
If it sitting right down the road it would take less time to go down and try to start then to ask online. lol

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search