Drl and hids - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Drl and hids
Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:46 AM
Hi all. Long time viewer first time poster. Looking for some help. I upgraded the stock halogen 9007 bulbs to 8000k Hids. The lights themselves wrk great both high and low beam. My issue is the drl (daytime running lights) system since then. When I put it in gear the indicator on the cluster flashes rapidly for a second or two and stops and the service light (wrench not check engine) illuminates on the cluster. I pulled the relay to eliminate the flashing of my headlights. The drl system works fine when I put the stock halogen 9007 bulbs back into the car. Is there any way to get the hid lights working with the drl system? Or get this annoying service light to stay off? It's an eyesore especially during night driving. Maybe possibly a different relay? Thanks for any input in advance.

Oh also last year I swapped the stock am/fm radio out for an aftermarket unit. Not a big deal but the odometer does not light up anymore since I swapped the radio. I do have the module needed installed for the aftermarket radio.

Re: Drl and hids
Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:47 AM
Sorry the year of the car is 2003
Re: Drl and hids
Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:07 AM
You can't use DRLs with HIDs. Look at the DRL disable info in either the A/E or exterior forum. You just have to ground a wire on the BCM connector for that year. It should take care of everything.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search