'03+ cavi eye lids - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'03+ cavi eye lids
Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:05 AM
i just thought of this and had to chop it. looks like hell cuz my good computer is down and all this thing can handle is mx paint.

i might be trying it with vinyl, i found some that looks exactly like the metalic blue paint. let me know what you think.

Re: '03+ cavi eye lids
Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:05 AM
if i was to choose, id go with the 1st one. i kinda like it with out the eyelids though...but if the vinyl is inexpensive, then at least try it. if you do, post a picture. id like to see how it turns out. good luck.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:11 AM
for the amount i need, i can get the vinyl for a resonable price. so it's just a matter of tracing a pattern to paper, scanning, making a vector trace, put it thru the cut plotter and slap em on. it'll take some time to get the pattern done right, but maybe in a week or so i'll have em made.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 5:38 PM
i myself prefer eyelids that are molded into the hood and those just wouldn't cut it. but to each his own. i hope you do it and are happy with it though.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, May 08, 2005 5:06 AM
i prefer that too, but this will give a pretty good representation of what that would look like. obviously i'm not gonna just take it to a body shot and have them hold pieces on to my hood and get it repainted cuz in my head it seemed like a good idea. that's why i'm using vinyl. if i don't like, i can just peel it right back off, no biggie.

Sunday, May 08, 2005 10:38 AM
good finding a body shop that will even atemp to mold eyelids that shape... the fact that its gonna be liek a 3-4 inch spike poking stright out they aren't gonna wanna do it because it will not hold up or look right, you do't want a hood line that looks liek it has fangs not to mention it makes the car look like its cross eyed

Sunday, May 08, 2005 7:22 PM
yeah, i had thought about how it would be shaped for lids like that and how weak those peaces would be. i might still try it with vinyl just to see if i like it or not. i'll probably get spares and just paint the plastic. thanx for your thoughts everyone.

Monday, May 09, 2005 5:58 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=137035&t=137035

look at that thread, my cav has eyelids, farther down there is a good comprasion pic

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search