How to drop,and add rims - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to drop,and add rims
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:14 PM
Hey fellas, i got the photoshop7 and image reeady, and was wondering how to drop my car and put rims on it, and also how to put different rims on it....i'd greatly appreciate it....Thanx!

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: How to drop,and add rims
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:37 PM
wheel change

http://digimods.co.uk/tutorials/wheels.htm

lowering

http://digimods.co.uk/tutorials/lowering.htm

i run chop contests all the tiem on my site and its a place to learn/share/enjoy all aspects of digital art as well as regular art and photography

link is in my sig

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:41 PM
to put rims on you basically just use the elliptical select
(There will be a dashed line rectangle on your toolbar, right click it and choose the circle.)
YOu select the rim you want as closely as you can and copy (Ctrl-C, or Edit/Copy), go the the image you want to add it to and paste it (Ctrl-V, or Edit/Paste) and then line it up as best as possible. After that you just have to try to best yourself and come up with new techniques.

Dropping the car, you will most likely want to use the polylasso, again, right click the lasso tool(looks like a lasso...) and select the lasso made out of striaght lines. Now you will want to trace an outline around the whole car as nicely as you can. Cut what you have selected (Ctrl-X, or Edit/Cut) and Paste it, so now it is on a new layer. You will also want your wheels to be on a separate layer than the body and background layers.

Now it's just a matter of lowering the body on the wheels, and shrinking the top of the background down so that there are no empty spots. Then you just crop the image to compensate for the space left from shrinking the background.

Hopefully that helps, if you need anymore:
MSN BradSk88@(nospam)gmail.com get rid of (nospam)
AIM BradSk8815
Y! Brad_Sk88
ICQ 317330204

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:42 PM
Damn you Nathaniel

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:46 PM
hehe

and im not sure i udnerstand u completely but "shrinking" the backgroudn would never be a good idea

it would distort the images. simply crop the image dont shring the background at any time.

i may be mis understanding you tho.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:49 PM
SO what do you do about the white area around the car when the body is lowered? Hmm?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:51 PM
Hmm just checked the tut actually, wouldn't work in all situations, but I guess that's a better idea than mine.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:14 AM
best way to always lower is what is shown in that tut.

of course there are MANY exceptions but usually only in SUPER in depth chops or CRAZY weird angle shots etc...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search