Sunfire Toon - Page 2 - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Sunfire Toon
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:43 AM
stargrrrlThey do look very vector, but PS isn't vector. [/quote wrote:

Photoshop IS vector and raster. When was the last time you used Photoshop?

-BT

Thursday, July 07, 2005 2:15 AM
Brennan wrote:

About 10 minutes ago. Check my occupation.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 2:19 PM
stargrrrl wrote:
Brennan wrote:

Are you using Photoshop CS or CS2?
It does support Vectors now.

-BT
Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:55 PM
Photoshop is raster.

Illustrator is vector.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:50 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:Photoshop is raster.

Illustrator is vector.

Photoshop is primarily raster but supports vectors.

-BT
Friday, July 08, 2005 2:21 AM
Vector is what Illustrator does - you can put point A, point B and a line in between them that you can bend as you wish. It works point to point. The only thing in Photoshop that you could even slightly consider vector is when you use the pen to create paths, but what you do in that path is still vector.

Photoshop supports vector in that it rasterizes what you import into it. After you import vector the points are no longer able to be edited, you can no longer bend that line that's point A to point B. Therefore, it isn't vector anymore, it's raster. That line is now made up of pixels.

You can really notice this if you bring in a small vector graphic and enlarge it in Photoshop - it will pixelate. If you take that same graphic, enlarge it in Illustrator and then bring it to Photoshop in that larger size it won't be pixelated.

That said, it would be a lot easier to draw lines for a car and bend them as necessary to fit the shape than it would be to draw them in Photoshop freehand. Using Illustrator would just be a way faster and efficient way to do what i saw here. You can also move each piece independantly, which would reduce the layers needed.

For the Sunfire with the background, the car could have been done in Illustrator & imported into Photoshop to add the background. For the Sunfire on the plain background it could have all been done in Illustrator.

For anyone that knows Photoshop, Illustrator shouldn't be TOO hard to learn. Being that they are both Adobe, many of the tools have a similar function or close enough that it's easy to figure out.

Friday, July 08, 2005 2:49 PM
sooooo.......hows my toon coming?

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Friday, July 08, 2005 3:01 PM
Brennan wrote:
stargrrrl wrote:
Brennan wrote:

Are you using Photoshop CS or CS2?
It does support Vectors now.

Just saw this... i'm using 5.5 here at home, i think 6 at work. Anything newer than that isn't suported by our printers, being that i've been at my job over 5 years means i haven't worked on anything newer than what they have. So you're saying that Adobe is killing their own programs by making them double up? That's horrible I don't know how or why they would do that, it seems pretty strange to combine the two, if they are combined. Then again, i also work in In-Design (also Adobe) and most of the special effects are not supported by our printers due to how much it slows down the rip. All of our drop shadows and such are still done in Photoshop.

To clarify, i don't mean printers as in where i print from my computer, i mean where our magazines are printed. I think we send to 5 different ones, so it's not just 1... you'd be amazed how slow printers are to upgrade since they have to look out for themselves and all of their other clients.

Guess i'm oldscool if Adobe is truely killing themselves, i'd still go Illustrator

Saturday, July 09, 2005 1:10 PM
stargrrrl wrote:To clarify, i don't mean printers as in where i print from my computer, i mean where our magazines are printed. I think we send to 5 different ones, so it's not just 1... you'd be amazed how slow printers are to upgrade since they have to look out for themselves and all of their other clients.

Guess i'm oldscool if Adobe is truely killing themselves, i'd still go Illustrator

I know what you mean by printers. I used to do graphics design myself, although I used Corel Draw 9. (This was many years ago)

-BT
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search