cadillac chop - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cadillac chop
Monday, March 26, 2007 7:57 AM
hey guys i was playing with photoshop and i decided to do a chop of a 1979 cadillac eldorado.this cad is identical to mine except mine i green.i am also wondering if anyone else would like to take a go at it to give me some ideas for wehn work starts on it again this summer.so if anyone wants to help thanks.also let me know what u think of my rough chop
before

after

Re: cadillac chop
Monday, March 26, 2007 7:30 PM
Nice work! Here is my vision of your Eldo. Wish a have PShop...

I love chopped roof... and very long doors

Please, show us your project when it'll be done!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:58 PM
Weird, I had to save it as a bmp, everytime I go to upload the jpg nothing showed up Anywho, here's what I came up. How bout them white walls

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:31 PM
Nice your white walls... Are you using 22 inches wheel?

I know, I have better things to do and I should do them... but here an other one...
(Good luck Trevor if your considere doing this one...)

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:40 AM
naaa i deff think i'll pass on that one it'd be much to hard to retain the fwd lol.if someone could build it though i'd hate it but i'd sure respect the work.lol good one though

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:39 AM
GMorFORD wrote:Nice your white walls... Are you using 22 inches wheel?

I know, I have better things to do and I should do them... but here an other one...

^^ I'd hate to see the turning radius on that bad boy

22" wheels??...I don't know, I just resized them to look big lol.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:05 PM
theres actually All Wheel Steering on that model of Cadillac. Its similar to monster trucks and will turn on a dime.

p.s. don't turn off the Super Hicas.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:44 PM
Rotating the tires must take a solid week or two!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:09 PM
FIREHAZZRD wrote:theres actually All Wheel Steering on that model of Cadillac. Its similar to monster trucks and will turn on a dime.

p.s. don't turn off the Super Hicas.

ok, it may turn on a dime, but I don't see it making the turn at the mc 'e d's drive thru lol

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:12 PM
lol i love this thread.but any serious suggestions though

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:19 PM
My suggestions....depends on the look you're going after. If you're planning on somewhat keeping the classic look, then I'd keep the white walls and do minimal body work, maybe just chop the roof and drop it. If you're wanting a more custom ride, ditch the whites and get a nice set of chromes, drop it, chop the roof, give it a more sleek look by rounding some of the edges and if you really want to go all out convert to a suicide hood and slap a set of lambo's on

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:42 PM
not to interested in the chop top due to headroom constraints but i do wanna keep that classy caddy look.i want her to be reall elegant and classy

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:13 PM
trevor mullins wrote:hey guys i was playing with photoshop and i decided to do a chop of a 1979 cadillac eldorado.this cad is identical to mine except mine i green.i am also wondering if anyone else would like to take a go at it to give me some ideas for wehn work starts on it again this summer.so if anyone wants to help thanks.also let me know what u think of my rough chop
before

after

^^ There you go, elegant and classy

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:14 PM
ya i slaso shaved the mirrors and it looks real nice

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:30 PM
And maybe shaved vinil on f/r bumpers and maybe shaved emblem on hood...

and maybe some axles added
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:04 PM
ya i may prob will shave the vinyl off the bumpers.i still have mixed feeling about this car though i wanna mod it but it only has 35000 on it and i am the 3rd owner and i hate to ruin that.this thing has never seen rain let alone snow .driven about once a year since new.bout i can even trace it back to the dealer.the ori owner bought it and got killed shortly after and his wife sold it to the sec owner who we knew well.he drove it about once or twice a year.and when he passed due to acncer his widow knew i would take good care of it and sold it to me for 200 buck.drove her home and never looked back.i just dunno if i wanna kill the all original feel.i'll get some pics this weekend of her!

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:33 PM
DON'T TOUCH HER!!!

If you want to chop a 1979 Eldo, try to find another one for less than 1k$, plug the metal saw and shave!
Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:36 PM
Dude, with a car like that in that kind of shape!!, keeping it all or most of it original is the way to go I love going to car shows and seeing custom hot rods and tricked out oldies, people always wanting to go further than the next guy. Now the guys who keep or redo everything back to its full original, I really like that and thing that's something to be proud of

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:12 PM
ya me and my dad have admired this car for years and now we finally got her.i think we are gonna just doa resto and thats it.we don't wanna ruin this beauty.shes still wearing the original pads.the original tires were changed because the rotted from sitting(cracked)

Monday, April 09, 2007 2:34 PM
GMorFORD wrote:Nice your white walls... Are you using 22 inches wheel?

I dont know why but I cant stop laughing at this pic. The total compensation car. Could you imagine this boat cruisin? LOL.... sorry, just my imagination running wild.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:56 AM
I couldn't resist temptation

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search