chop my car bed - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
chop my car bed
Friday, February 15, 2008 7:26 PM
well not mine, but im getting this for my son, I dont like how its just blue, I wanna paint it and put a nice two tone on it, to make it sorta street looking....any help would be great. Im not the best artist but can mask and paint pretty well so a decent color scheme wouldnt be to hard for me to do, just no graphics.

thats the only angle and pic of the bed that I have seen, I really want to get the "widebody" double bed for the boy, but the single bed is only one that i can get for now.

Re: chop my car bed
Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:18 AM
I worked on my own last night.....damn MS PAINT!!! looks more like a toon, but gives me an idea.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 7:05 AM
anyone?

Sunday, February 17, 2008 11:57 AM
here's some red and grey...i can't believe you did all that in paint

if you want diff colors or diff painted parts or whatever, let me know.

Burning To Rise And Disprove All Who Would Take Comfort In My Demise -Divine Heresy
Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:22 PM
yeah I can do some stuff in MS paint, but I never learned photoshop, want to start though. Would you be able to the car in 2 tone, red base with black top area? I like the lip kit painted in black............on the real car bed's lip im doing some carbon fiber wrap graphics on it.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:42 PM
You could take the red idea above, except paint the front area where the intercooler/radiator goes black, then make a stencil and do some silver mesh.
I'm no good at doing photo editing myself, but I personally think that having it two tone with this bed will make it look more like a car with an unpainted body kit. It would just look weird. You would have to paint it black above or below where that line is just above the dip in the side panel I would think if you wanted to do that though. I know my opinion doesn't count, but those are my thoughts. Also - don't know about the back but you can always do something with the taillights too.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Gerkn

Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:08 PM
^^^^ thats why I wanted to see what it may look like, I like your idea about doing the rear tail lights, havent seen the bed yet, so i dont know how I can work that. I will go look at the bed more before I pick it up.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:14 PM
something more like this?? i can go a little further down with the black.

Burning To Rise And Disprove All Who Would Take Comfort In My Demise -Divine Heresy
Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:34 PM
perfect.....thats what I wanted!!!

Monday, February 18, 2008 5:36 AM
I messed around with this a bit it don't look that great but it is alright I guess

Monday, February 18, 2008 6:45 AM
nice...thanks guys keep em comming,.... I like the red under the bottom of the car, I will try to get some rope light to make it look like neons, they can be his night light.

Monday, February 18, 2008 7:18 PM
does they still sell those beds at stores? lol its pretty awesome.

Monday, February 18, 2008 9:40 PM
Ztwenty4door wrote:nice...thanks guys keep em comming,.... I like the red under the bottom of the car, I will try to get some rope light to make it look like neons, they can be his night light.

Wish my dad was like you when i was little.. lol

Monday, February 18, 2008 10:06 PM
Garret Schardt wrote:I messed around with this a bit it don't look that great but it is alright I guess

lmfao.

nice man... nice usin my rims too hahahahah

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:20 AM
FIRE2HOT . wrote:
Ztwenty4door wrote:nice...thanks guys keep em comming,.... I like the red under the bottom of the car, I will try to get some rope light to make it look like neons, they can be his night light.

Wish my dad was like you when i was little.. lol

thanks............. I wanna do this one, then if it turns out alright I will buy more beds and sell them painted, I can get these car beds all day long on craigslist for 50.00 and under.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:10 AM
ooo garret's busted!!

and ztwenty4door...if you use my design i want at least 10% of profits

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:58 AM
lol I borrowed the rims lol and plus i got lazy I didn't feel like searching for a pic of car at the came angle lol... hope you don't mind man...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:05 AM
needs projectors for night lights... i think 12k lights should scare away the boogie man...

1997 Cavalier Z24 - 16.3 in 1320 and falling...
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:05 AM
whitegoose( RedR-ZedR) wrote:needs projectors for night lights... i think 12k lights should scare away the boogie man...

Nah man, 5000K lol, noon sunlight.. haha, itll scare away the boogie man, and keep the kid awake for hours

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:10 PM
FIRE2HOT . wrote:
whitegoose( RedR-ZedR) wrote:needs projectors for night lights... i think 12k lights should scare away the boogie man...

Nah man, 5000K lol, noon sunlight.. haha, itll scare away the boogie man, and keep the kid awake for hours

............yeah thats not going to be happening

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:41 PM
Garret Schardt wrote:lol I borrowed the rims lol and plus i got lazy I didn't feel like searching for a pic of car at the came angle lol... hope you don't mind man...

nah i don't mind, im flattered you like my rims

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:33 AM
lol well yeah

Monday, July 27, 2009 5:33 PM
okay well I finally got the bed going.....did the lip and vents first.

then maybe I will do the center like this.

*edit*
went ahead a did he hood, and the front intake:

still needs to be clear coated but I will do that when I finish the rear.....pic of that comming tonite/tomorrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 27, 2009 6:37 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search