Need a Favor a new Logo please... - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a Favor a new Logo please...
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:25 AM
Hi everybody it's been a minute since I came too this board but figured I stop by an ask if anybody willing too create a new logo for me.

Basically I need 2 types of logo if possible

One that says ( BTD Productions )

&

Second that Says ( DJ Moe - DJ TooHypE ) possibly 2 separate logos... but I have no preference except my favorite colors is blue, black are my favorite colors but you can add any images or ideas you come up with again I am open minded.

This is what I currently have for the moment for myself but i'm not feeling this logo anymore..

Again I would be greatly appreciative if possible...

btw check out my mixes on my myspace, also hi everybody... =o)

www.myspace.com/DJTooHypE

Visit Team JDF Website - Team JDF Promoter

Re: Need a Favor a new Logo please...
Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:07 AM
I been PM about this an unfortunately I don't have funds too offer guys... but I would very much post the designers name on my music page.

Again just looking for something different to use... here's a general idea but I am open minded so please feel free too use your imaginations as well.

Again all that I really need is ( BTD Productions ) & ( DJ Moe ) - ( DJ TooHypE ) in any color but favorites is Blue/Black

BTD Productions

DJ Moe

DJ TooHypE

or

BTD Productions

DJ TooHypE

DJ Moe

So if anybody is willing an have few moments to do this I would be grateful... thanks

Hector

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 7:54 AM
Well figured I bump maybe someone would be kind enuff too do this. I welcome any suggestions so I can make my own if I need too. I have Paint.net, Microsoft Office Picture Manager on MS Vista Home Edition SP1. Again not a graphic person I'm more towards DJ'ing and music anyways.

Thanks
Hector

Friday, February 06, 2009 8:59 PM
well figured three strikes and I'm out...

so here's my third one...

forogot about these smileys .. lol haven't used these for a while.. lol JBO

Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:31 PM
I'll try to hook you up

You wanna ride??
Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:35 AM
RunRed76 wrote:I'll try to hook you up

WOOT!! WOO HOO!!

I'm enjoying sum

rite now =o)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:11 AM

Get a job.

Brian

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:39 PM
Get a job.x2

Nope.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:40 PM
sorry to say... but everything involves cost.. this is a start up cost... and graphic design is SEVERELY under rated... not to pick on you... this is a general statement...
Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:30 AM
I'm working on something for you as we speak, I should have something shortly. Some people don't get the concept of trying to help someone out, and alot of us that do this kind of stuff do it for fun!

Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:01 AM
96projectz24 wrote:I'm working on something for you as we speak, I should have something shortly. Some people don't get the concept of trying to help someone out, and alot of us that do this kind of stuff do it for fun!

and some of us don't realize what it's like to have someone threaten our livelihood by asking for something for free while we sit back and try to make a living. Granted I do pretty well for myself in design, but constantly having people ask for free work for something THEY will make money off of takes balls. Our DJ here doesn't even realize that he's asking for a package that would have cost him somewhere in the ballpark of $250.

DJ, how much do you make for one night of playing loud music? Wanna come do my grandmother's birthday for free? Oh and bring your friend ProjectZ24, my dad's got connector problem on his compressor and I want you to fix it for a pat on the back.

I don't mean to be pissy but this is a very nasty subject for anyone who is really truly a designer. Personally, people coming on here looking for Sigs is one thing, those are more of a cool little "in your free time" design where a thanks will suffice. But coming here and asking for something you'll plaster all over and probably bank off of? Nah...not for me, thanks.

Brian

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:24 AM
Wipe your vag, I don't even know the dude, just don't see the harm in helping someone out with something alot of us enjoy to do for free. If your theory is correct, then the stupid maintenance forum should be removed cause I'm a mechanic and don't wanna give away free tips or tricks! If you don't wanna help out, then leave it be, you don't have to be pissy about it!

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:28 AM
oh, and I've fixed many things for less than a pat on the back, just the kind of person I am. That's what's wrong with everyone today, won't do anything for anyone else unless it benefits them in some way.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:52 AM
Honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with what "FrostySunfire" has said, people take graphic design for granted because they just see a final product and assume it was easy when in fact REAL quality design takes plenty of time. And I'm sure it's not that he doesn't want to help anyone out, but I know from experience that as a designer you get asked day in and day out for things for free because people assume it's easy. And that gets annoying as hell, And it is clear your professions 96projectz24 is not in the field of graphic design, thus you would not be familiar with this issue. But if I asked djtoohype to dj a party for me for free I assume he would not do this because his time is worth money and he has costs to cover, as do I as a designer.

I have done MANY things out of the goodness of my heart to help a customer only to be screwed over in the end, you learn quickly not to just give your time away. One bad apple ruins the bunch.
Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:14 PM
Not disputing that his/your time is money, just saying that if you're not willing to do something for the guy then don't post! How hard is that? No need to come in here and tell a guy to get a job..... this is why the JBO blows half the time.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:38 PM
He got the 'get a job' spiel from me because he's bumping his own thread, when obviously nobody is interested.

It's nice of you to work on it for him, and I know I'm already coming across as a dick, so I'm really interested to see the product that you're willing to put out pro bono. Like Brian said, it's a commercial concept he wants, and he's going to make money off promoting himself. Do people make money off their signatures? No. Ever wonder why most pieces on Creative Commons are not for commercial use? Sorry for the rhetoric, but it seems necessary.

I do my share of 'chops' and such around here because that's actually 5 minute work. When it comes to actual logos that I'd put my name on, I want to be proud of my work. I've designed the simplest of logos that have taken me days, and are chalk full of revisions.

It's not about the money, it's about the disregard for the graphic design industry, and actually producing pieces that you're proud to say you've designed.

Nope.
Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:30 PM
FrostySunfire wrote:
96projectz24 wrote:I'm working on something for you as we speak, I should have something shortly. Some people don't get the concept of trying to help someone out, and alot of us that do this kind of stuff do it for fun!

and some of us don't realize what it's like to have someone threaten our livelihood by asking for something for free while we sit back and try to make a living. Granted I do pretty well for myself in design, but constantly having people ask for free work for something THEY will make money off of takes balls. Our DJ here doesn't even realize that he's asking for a package that would have cost him somewhere in the ballpark of $250.

DJ, how much do you make for one night of playing loud music? Wanna come do my grandmother's birthday for free? Oh and bring your friend ProjectZ24, my dad's got connector problem on his compressor and I want you to fix it for a pat on the back.

I don't mean to be pissy but this is a very nasty subject for anyone who is really truly a designer. Personally, people coming on here looking for Sigs is one thing, those are more of a cool little "in your free time" design where a thanks will suffice. But coming here and asking for something you'll plaster all over and probably bank off of? Nah...not for me, thanks.

so your telling me that when/if you help friends work on cars, you do, or would do it and charge them? because mechanics charge people too you know. same concept here. i have helped many friends install stuff for free. because its nice to help people out and they remember that stuff.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:37 PM
^^ I think you misinterpreted the post, no where does he say they are friends, helping friends is different, and again your friends will likely not make money off of your help, in this case the help for free will result in another gaining profit.
Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:37 PM
well i help friends of friends, that i dont really know for free. is that wrong? guess im a nice guy and enjoy helping people out.

i didnt misinterpret same situation, different circumstances.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:02 PM
No, because you said friends, they are not friends by any means, or friends of friends, thus your argument that helping friends or friends of friends is rewarding is flawed because you have a friend who is either in need or has a friend in need, if we go by that premise then everyone is a friend of someone and while that would be nice it's un realistic. Helping someone out IS for sure a good feeling, but what has to be clear is that this started because "FrostySunfire" was explaining why he said what he did, all he did was justify his statement. No offense to di too hype, honestly I wish you all the best in starting a successful business, but it is hard for everyone out there, it's not that people don't want to help other people out, but a logo design can take up hours or days, and if this is how one makes his money, then doing a free job will fall to the bottom of the list... that is all....
Friday, February 13, 2009 6:36 AM
OP - check your pm!

Friday, February 13, 2009 11:58 AM
um too be completely honest I don't know if I should come out and post or just leave this subject alone.

But for the record I don't know RunRed76 & 96projectz24 I appreciate the fact your making these logos for me. I do apoligize in advance for those that felt I was taking advantage of someones work because in reality I know exactly how it is. I work on computers and for my many DJ & Car Club/JBO friends I work on there computers and for the most time free giving the circumstances I do hook up my new & old friends too.

I will blast and show the graphic designers name & email if you please provide the info. I'll post them on myspace & any music site I display your logos & the amazing work you have done by far 96projectz24 muchas gracias many thanks

Hector aka TooHypE

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search