Color Change (How?) - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Color Change (How?)
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:35 PM
Hey guys, I've been messing around with my car in Photoshop, but I can't get anything to look right for color changes. I've dropped my cav pretty decently, I've put some rims on, and I've tinted the windows; but when I try to mess with the paint it looks horrendous.

I've tried using the color replacement brush as well as just turning down the opacity on the regular brush but none of it looks right.

Any ideas on what I should try or what would help reduce how crappy the "paint" looks when I try it?

I searched through the last 10 pages of this forum and couldn't find anything, so hopefully this hasn't been asked before.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Color Change (How?)
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:23 PM
select everything that you want to color change with the Polygonal Lasso Tool (L), then copy and paste it to a new layer. Then you wanna select your new layer, go to Image > Adjustments > Desaturize. That will give a good base for your color to sit on. Then go to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation, check Colorize, then move the hue bar to a color you like. Then to fine tune the color you can play with the saturation and lightness sliders.

Good luck and please post up a before and after of your car here =)

Steve

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:28 PM
Ah, didn't think about desaturating it first...I just tried to saturate on top of what it was. I'll work on it tonight some when I get home and hopefully post it up tomorrow. Thanks!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:36 PM
Haha no problem and feel free to pm me anytime with your questions

Steve

Monday, August 03, 2009 12:37 PM
So, played around with it for a while and still not getting it right

Oh well, when it's time for me to look at painting it I'll just have to ask somebody's help
Monday, August 03, 2009 1:13 PM
Post up your original and final images and somebody will probably be able to tell you what you're doing wrong.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Monday, August 03, 2009 3:09 PM
yeah wat he said =)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search