Chop Off Voting - August 2009 - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chop Off Voting - August 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:56 AM
You get one vote. You are free to discuss your vote and give any feedback you wish.

Make sure your vote is clear in your post or it will not be counted.

Do not vote for yourself. If you know who created an entry, don't give it away. Voting is anonymous until the end.

Voting ends 8/21 at 11:59pm.

Good luck to everyone!

Original

Entries

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Re: Chop Off Voting - August 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:06 PM
My vote is for picture number 2
Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:25 PM
i vote #3 nice job by every1

Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:35 PM
number 2 with the jbo on it ahaha

Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:52 PM
=)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:10 PM

Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:00 PM
I'll write up some critiques a little later for all the entries. Also, just a reminder
Quote:

Do not vote for yourself.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:49 PM
number 2,very nice job

Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:03 PM
good stuff peeps.. me likey

Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:32 PM
Number 3

Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:06 PM
tha_prowler wrote:sc454ss - The new thread will be created and everyone from the forum will be able to vote. I'll probably let voting run for a week and then tally up the votes. I've thought about posting in the general or OT forum too because I know the IM forum doesn't get much action from the average forum member.

did u wind up doing this? could help getting more people involved

Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:59 AM
Not very much following in this topic eh? Thought there would have been a lot more.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 10:45 AM
number 6.

Was a tough choice over number 2

Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:59 AM
ok, before i get yelled at i am well aware that i did not make the deadline and thus am out of the running, but i was working on this and had all intentions of sending it in but work was CRAZY this week.. anywho, i spent about an hour today "finishing it up" to at least post what i was able to get done. my first idea was to split the pic into to halves (left/right). on the left side it would look kinda like what i ended up stopping at; more "show" and on the right side i was going to incorporate a rally-type scene. just couldnt get close enough with the limited time that i ended up being able to spend. I look forward to the next one... (i already completed the Nissan Cube chop which you can see the original thread for this chop contest...lol) anywho, just wanted to post what i was able to complete so it all wasnt in vain. C&C welcome.

anywho, heres where i stopped and "finished up"

as for voting... this is kinda tough.... gonna have to go with......#2 i think. it was a between 2 and 6 for me, but what lost it for six was the red reflection in the watter puddle... sorry.

lastly: am i the only one?? but i think prowler should post up some stuff too!!

Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:35 PM
3, best execution, most realistic looking.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:35 PM
#2 most work done and payed attention to EVERY little detail...

Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:53 PM
number two... the pic is SWEET, and i think the play on the clouds just put it over the top for me.

--j.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:15 PM
Seriously. Number 2!

WiGM-Tuners member.

Monday, August 17, 2009 10:48 AM
I guess #6 for me, I think that if the widebody was a little better on the #2 that would be my pick..... just looks a little too off for me!

Monday, August 17, 2009 1:34 PM
Here's some critiques to offer you guys. Don't get discouraged, just offering some advice.

1. Simple, cut out is rough and flat, image is distorted and unrealistic

2. Overall a decent chop.This one has the most done, so there is more to break down, lol. The splitter looks good out front but gets lost in the black near the side of the bumper. Grill delete looks good. Eyelids look out of place and unnecessary here; they don't flow well. I like the spoiler in the back window, but the ends look very small and out of place. If you saw it from the back, it wouldn't look right. Graphics look alright, you should have gotten rid of the side moldings. I like the rims, but the fronts looks too big for the rears like they are out of proportion. Now to the widebody. At first glance it looks kinda cool. The problem is that you didn't integrate it enough. It just stops. There is no transition at the front door, the side skirts rear end, or anything. You didn't actually make anything wider, just added the overlay bevel to it. Look around the internet for widebody cars and you will see what I am talking about. After getting all the entries, I knew this one would do well.

3. Clean chop. Nice background, but it looks like its on top of a building or something, nothing but sky, lol. You might want to angle the car to the front a little as the back is tucking way more than the front. Lens glare is unnecessary and annoying. The lighting is in the right direction though. You also left part of the building from the original in the windshield. The two door conversion doesn't look consistent. The door line goes back further than the window line. Also, you didn't convert the passenger side, you can tell from the interior.

4. Nice colors, brush work looks good too. It seems a little unrealistic though without any reflections, seems too plain. The only chop to mod the puddle reflections. Two door conversion looks really good; it works on both sides and seems more natural. Custom body kit looks good, but you left the stock rear bumper. I like how you worked the new evo into this body style. I think you could have spent more time on it. Definitely some potential to make this a lot better. I am surprised this one doesn't have any votes though.

5. Different, that's for sure. Someone's been using some tuts! The body kit and borrowed body pieces look rather out of place.They are of different quality than the original image and it is noticeable in the chop. What is going on underneath the car? If it is shadowing, that really needs some work. The car doesn't really 'fit' in the background either; the angles and scaling is off. I do like how you went out of the box though. You have some very creative ideas that just need to be refined.

6. Simple, straight forward. I like the color change, you did very well on it. The reflections are still red though. The wheels are very flat and unrealistic and the headlight seems out of place. Clear up the top of the image where you lowered it.

Hopefully I was able to offer some constructive criticism here. I don't want anyone to take any of this the wrong way either. If anyone needs any clarification on any comments posted feel free to pm me. I also want to encourage others to jot some things down that they think could help out.

Monday, August 17, 2009 2:20 PM
My critiques =)

1. Unrealistic and not proportional.

2. Good looking chop. Wide body at the rear almost looks like it disappears a little bit. Love the darkening to the sky, really setts the "mood" for the car. Keen attention to detail with carrying the spoiler thru the other side, Not sure if the evil eyes really fit the thought behind the car but still looks ok.

3. Like the change of scenery but you can still see the building in the reflection. Rims don't look like they belong in the picture. Didn't carry the two door conversion to the passenger side. Lens shine is kind of annoying. And not sure what i think of the Mitsu symbol at the back of the car. Background is a little too flat i think.

4. Paint on the car makes it look fake. Rims don't work with the car. Headlights and front bumper dont look like they belong on the car. Very good two door conversion with good attention to detail. Didnt tint passenger front window. Whats with the white spot under the license plate?

5. Again, love the change in scenery. Shadowing? under the car honestly looks like crap. Body kit doesnt fit the car. Very good ghost flames and Z3 fenders. Rims are ok but no brakes behind them. Spoiler doesnt continue thru the back window. Realistic color change and love the clear headlights. definitely different with the yellow paint and blue tint, you made it work tho. Love the JBO window decal

6. Very good color change. forgot to change the reflection in the water in front of the car. Forgot to chop off the double up at the top of the picture. rims dont work with the picture/ unrealistic. very good overall

My vote is # 2

Monday, August 17, 2009 5:00 PM
thanx for the input boys

Monday, August 17, 2009 5:52 PM
#6 ftw

14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08
Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:46 PM
wow 3 days and nothing.. y so quiet? where are all the voters?

Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:00 PM
+1 VOTE FOR # 2
Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:29 PM
#2 for sure.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search