CAD automotive products - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CAD automotive products
Monday, December 14, 2009 7:13 PM
Doing this for a school project using Solid Works (Student Design Kit). Will be designing an iPod Nano holder where you guys usually mount the triple gauge pod.
The whole dashboard/console is designed on the fly just for appearance but the holder will be brought in to the design separately and will be a 2 piece object oriented to the specs of a cavalier a-pillar.

Curious if anybody else on this forum is into this stuff, if so show some projects.

Re: CAD automotive products
Monday, December 14, 2009 7:34 PM
I've done a few projects like this. I use all Pro/Engineer though. I don't use Solid Works enough to be good at it yet. More often than not though, I never finish a project I'm working on unless it's for school. If I remember, I'll post up some stuff I've done when I have time.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:38 PM
I use Solidworks for a lot of things, but I still suck at complex objects, particularly irregular shapes.
A successful complex loft still eludes me, but I haven't really taken the time to plan one out, so that's part of the problem.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:53 PM
I'm really into CAD/Drafting. I'd say I'm somewhat good at it. My school has CAD classes and we use Autodesk products.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:47 AM
I use solidworks quite a bit especially with my senior design project. Eariler this year 2 other guys and myself modeled our entire formula hybrid car in solidworks.

Also we just modeled our new chassis in solidworks and let me say generating a cut list of all the pieces works wonderfully!

Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:59 AM
My best none related school or work project was making a complete lego train in 3D using AutoCad. I use AutoCad and Solidworks every day at work. I design all my pulleys in AutoCad and Solidworks.

My LD9 pulley is posted in my GP if you want to see pictures. I can not post any of my work stuff through.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search