Anyone bored..New sig? - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone bored..New sig?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:20 AM

Not sure why some of these pics look so washed out.. full size ones aren't that way

Thanks!

Re: Anyone bored..New sig?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:19 PM
It's been AGES since I did one of these lol.... but I've got December down time at work. I wanted to give you a fun font like Bruno, but I don't want to get in any sort of trouble for using a company purchased font My sigs tend to look similar... there may be time to tweak it tomorrow if you want something changed.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:08 PM
Awesome, that looks great! Thanks!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:07 AM
You're welcome
If there's something else you'd like to see, let me know. I'm pretty open here at work today, got a lot of time to kill.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:20 PM
stargrrrl is the @!#$ check out the sig she did for me

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:43 PM
Very nice stargrrrl, I really like your style. The only thing I would say is that the background in OhFor's sig is just a tiny bit off from the forum color so it sticks out a little. Not a big deal really, just thought I'd throw that out there.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:24 AM
Hmm that's odd... I eyedropped it & it looks fine on my screens at work & home. I also work off the same basic file when I start sigs, so the two above (as one I did today) should all have the same background. Not sure why it looks different on your end hmm...maybe I compressed one more than the other? I've got no set rule as to where I save them, just at a smaller size where they look okay to me.

Edit: Super frustrating! I type in eeeedd & it keeps changing itself to ededdd! After about 20-30 times, it sticks as eeeedd. Not sure wtf is causing this, but it doesn't make sense. I try filling the entire background just using the fill command as well as selecting the entire background and filling the selection. Either way, it changes itself. Never seen this one before lol... oi. They're both 6/3/13/0, but do look a hair different if they show up looking different here.

And after a few more minutes here, I found a fix. Since I work in print, I always work in CMYK since that's what I'm comfortable with. Obviously the interwebz is RGB, so I can get eeeedd to stick if I convert to RGB. Josh's and the other I did today were fine when I went back to CMYK, but OhForCavy's only stuck in RGB. Odd.

Let me know if these look any better

OK wtf lol... OhForKavy's is showing a box for me now. I downloaded the .jpg from here to check the bkg color and it's off. I opened the .psd file and it's right. I'm saving it for web @ 100% quality, also trying to just save the file as a .jpg and both ways I get a little box. Any idea of a fix?

Final edit: I think I got 'er fixed! These look okay?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:19 AM

Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:42 PM
Haha, it does get frustrating sometimes. It only looked off on my new monitor. At school and on my old monitor, it looked fine. The new ones you posted are dead on though. Maybe if you keep up with the down time at work, we'll see a few more of your sigs around this place, lol.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Friday, December 18, 2009 5:56 AM
As long as I can keep the background at eeeedd it's good! I only work today & Monday the rest of this month & there's not really a demand for sigs or I'd do it. Might toss up a thread about it, but expect to get swamped later on haha! Man, back in the day I was doing sig after sig after sig! It's been a while.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 3:19 PM
Funny, I have the background as edeede. Never had a problem with that, but the file I have saved for sigs was created as RGB. If you started with a CMYK profile, it might change things when it's converted. PS can be funny that way sometimes.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 3:51 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:Funny, I have the background as edeede. Never had a problem with that, but the file I have saved for sigs was created as RGB. If you started with a CMYK profile, it might change things when it's converted. PS can be funny that way sometimes.

I fixed them all by converting to RGB & then redoing the background as eeeedd. If I need to color correct or do something else I'm more comfortable with in CMYK, I just redo the background when I swap back to RGB. Seems to have worked

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search