Garmin vehicle icon? - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Garmin vehicle icon?
Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:06 PM
Does anyone know how to make these or a place that I can request one to be made? I would like to get a white 08-10 Malibu one made for the wifes gps. Thanks

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: Garmin vehicle icon?
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:21 PM
post a good picture of what they look like.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:32 PM
This is how but I don't have the skills. Do you need some pics of the car?

Quote:

has anyone here successfully created their own vehicle icons? as far as i know the only utility available for creating them sits on this page:

http://techmods.net/nuvi/

while the three custom icons available on the site work as advertised, the icons it generates for me unfortunately suffer from a persistent masking problem.

i emailed the site owner a week ago but no one seems to be home, and the page doesn't appear to have been updated in a year ...

Photoshop does not work. It has some issue with PNG files.

Paint.Net is a small freebie program that does work.

When you are completed your PNG file, add a transparent layer above all the other layers save as PNG, and convert that PNG with that website you mentioned.

Viola!

I modified the blue 2d arrow vehicles from Garmin so that the tip of the vehicle is at your current location instead of the middle of the vehicle, as well as experimented with making a few crosshair vehicles.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:46 AM
sweet i want one of my cobalt

how do i get one?

14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08
Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:13 AM
search or ask for one to be made like I am doing heh. I have found there really inst that much demand for custom ones to match your personal vehicle hey are all off the wall ones.

Friday, October 30, 2009 1:08 PM
Friday, October 30, 2009 2:53 PM
tha_prowler wrote:You mean like these?

http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles/allvehicles.html

I know about those but none of them are the car we have. Trying to get a new malibu one.

Friday, October 30, 2009 6:31 PM
I just wanted to make sure that's what you were talking about. I'm not sure how to save anything with that file extension, .SRF.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Friday, October 30, 2009 7:05 PM
tha_prowler wrote:I just wanted to make sure that's what you were talking about. I'm not sure how to save anything with that file extension, .SRF.

Dunno if this will be any help.

Cavie Freak (FOR SALE) wrote:This is how but I don't have the skills. Do you need some pics of the car?

Quote:

has anyone here successfully created their own vehicle icons? as far as i know the only utility available for creating them sits on this page:

http://techmods.net/nuvi/

while the three custom icons available on the site work as advertised, the icons it generates for me unfortunately suffer from a persistent masking problem.

i emailed the site owner a week ago but no one seems to be home, and the page doesn't appear to have been updated in a year ...

Photoshop does not work. It has some issue with PNG files.

Paint.Net is a small freebie program that does work.

When you are completed your PNG file, add a transparent layer above all the other layers save as PNG, and convert that PNG with that website you mentioned.

Viola!

I modified the blue 2d arrow vehicles from Garmin so that the tip of the vehicle is at your current location instead of the middle of the vehicle, as well as experimented with making a few crosshair vehicles.

Friday, October 30, 2009 9:55 PM
Oh, I guess I didn't notice see the other .png converter on there, lol.

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:26 PM
http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/2008/01/chicks-dig-car.html

Way too much involved for free.

unless this was my car

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:32 PM
Yeah its a lot of work thats why I am not taking the task on its way to over my head hahaha. I'm hopeing someone would like to try and hopefully that its free

Saturday, December 26, 2009 10:28 AM
Found this website and it has a number of great icons.

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/

Cheers

PS.....my first post.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search