anyone ever tried this?? - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone ever tried this??
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:48 PM

thought this might be a cool idea for someone to try, I don't know if anyone has done this with a cavalier yet so I decided to photoshop one to see what it looks like. I think its called a california top.
Sorry to whoever's picture i basterdized. It was the first decent image I found using google.

Re: anyone ever tried this??
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:36 PM
Someone did one on a cav a few years back if I remember right, it looked pretty good, it's just tough to pull off cleanly. It's called a targa top btw, and I think it looks really good.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:15 PM
easier to buy a drop top and put a rear like that on it.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:29 PM
That would be pretty durn sweet! or T-tops.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:32 PM
Old discussion, and it takes reinforcement to the frame, hence the statement by azncav that it would be easier to start with a vert.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:22 PM
Are the door the only thing different for the verts? Anyways, don't mind the rice.

Here ya go:

Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:14 PM
Pretty sure that is Transporter's car that you chopped. And yeah, that looks damned good

Friday, March 12, 2010 12:13 AM
^nope. rhd

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, March 12, 2010 9:50 AM
02_redbadged wrote:^nope. rhd
Reversed pic. Look at the "kroY weN" license plate.

Friday, March 12, 2010 10:34 AM
Yea I changed it a bit, flipped it, blurred the plate, cloned out marker light, hood badge, door handle, and pinstripe. I figured someone on here owned it, again it was only used to help visualize what I was trying to ask. sorry if it offends anyone.

Friday, March 12, 2010 5:29 PM
OhForKavy wrote:Are the door the only thing different for the verts? Anyways, don't mind the rice.

Here ya go:

nope.... 100s of different bracing in the vert. and God only knows why GM put a smaller sway bar on a vert then the z24 coupes .

Saturday, March 13, 2010 5:57 AM
I think about it constantly and really wish i had the time and money to build another cav.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:33 PM
im half tempted to buy a convertible cav thats near my house that is a salvaged car just do do it and clean it up a little bit and do the targa mod. i love it!

Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:54 PM
IThe slope of the roof makes it look funny. It looks like the rear of the roof is higher than the front. I dont think this works on anything besides a 2 seater.

Friday, April 16, 2010 2:40 PM
It's hideous.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, April 16, 2010 2:41 PM
Haha... yup... that'd be my car, about 2 weeks after I bought it. People seem to like that pic, it's on the quad4forums home page too.

No worries dude, looks pretty cool, I think an actual T top would look better though, that connected the front windshield frame to the back window frame.

That poor picture has been hacked to death though, this is the original, lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 16, 2010 2:45 PM

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search