my first photoshop - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my first photoshop
Friday, June 25, 2010 2:27 AM
its not technically a photoshop since it was done on the GIMP program but it is my first image manipulation so tell me what you guys think. how to improve.

z yaaaa wrote:other than the nasty hood dent, steelies, 4X4 ride heidt, crooked front license plate, body color b pillar covers, 2200, lack of tint, and overall boringness of the car id say she's perfect!

Re: my first photoshop
Friday, June 25, 2010 2:28 AM
sorry i dont know how to make it any bigger :/

z yaaaa wrote:other than the nasty hood dent, steelies, 4X4 ride heidt, crooked front license plate, body color b pillar covers, 2200, lack of tint, and overall boringness of the car id say she's perfect!

Friday, June 25, 2010 8:37 AM
Some things I notice:
1. The angle of the wheels & the angle of the Vette seem to be off. There's something going on where the wheels look messy, I want to say maybe I'm seeing more inside of the wheel than I should? Often on here wheels aren't presented at the same angle as the car, but by eliminating the inside of the wheel, sometimes you can fudge it a little more.

2. The caliper on the back is on the wrong side I can tell you just moved the front one to the back.

3. The wheels are too bright for the picture. Sometimes it's helpful to keep in mind that you need to match the picture that you're putting the wheels into, not necessarily keep them true to the original picture. Remember that silver rims may look more gunmetal in a picture that's kind of dark. My personal preference is to usually use the burn tool on highlights to tone down the brightness.

Things will come with practice

Friday, June 25, 2010 11:12 PM

the picctures are good size on my computer, but when i upload them to photobucket they are small

Saturday, June 26, 2010 9:15 AM
Are you sure you're not changing the resolution somewhow? I use photobucket too, that shouldn't have anything to do with it, mine don't get small.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 12:11 AM
yea i use photobucket too... my pics are fine.. they even go bigger when you click on the corner of the pics

Sunday, June 27, 2010 12:14 AM
stargrrrl wrote:Are you sure you're not changing the resolution somewhow? I use photobucket too, that shouldn't have anything to do with it, mine don't get small.

i finish messin with the picture, save it, upload it. thats it

Monday, June 28, 2010 6:27 AM
Check the resolution when you open the images to work on them, all of them. Then check the resolution after you save something. I personally do "save for web" when I'm saving for...well...the web hah! I'm thinking you're maybe mixing resolution images & downsize somehow hmm... if I was there, I could help you out! Hard to do over the interwebz without really seeing what's going on. FYI the largest resolution the computer screen will show is 72, so anything over that will make it appear larger on screen. However, you can't really just make the resolution higher through Photoshop without losing quality - you can make pixels larger, but not make more of them - if that makes sense. That being said, if you start with a resolution of like 300, it will be larger on screen than a picture of a resolution of 72 even though it may have the same dimensions. A lot of our clients have a problem understanding this when they send in photos for us to use, they'll say it's large on screen & not understand the difference between screen size/resolution & print size/resolution - it's not always the easiest thing to get a grasp of.

Monday, July 12, 2010 12:29 AM

again with tiny pictures. i think its photobucket because they are the right size on my laptop but once they are on photobucket they get tiny

Monday, July 12, 2010 12:31 AM
forgot to give credit to the owner of the car. but i forgot whos it was, pretty sure yall know

Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:02 PM
Lol also when your tinting windows make sure you make it slightly opaque not just straight black.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:06 AM
when i did the tint on that i just outlined it and messed with the light and darkness a few times. might have done it one too many times and i might have to do with how small the pic is

Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:40 AM
Hmmm your making me want to start photoshopping again lol. May have to go grab CS4 and tinker with a vette =)

Monday, August 23, 2010 9:10 PM
just get GIMP

Friday, September 03, 2010 1:31 AM
cool

Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:45 AM
Red2.2cavi wrote:

Monday, October 04, 2010 1:57 PM
Red2.2cavi wrote:its not technically a photoshop since it was done on the GIMP program but it is my first image manipulation so tell me what you guys think. how to improve.

set your transparency level on the black window to achieve a tinted look

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 6:17 AM
Quiklilcav wrote:
Red2.2cavi wrote:

LOL!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search