I need headlight design help. - Image Manipulation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need headlight design help.
Monday, January 10, 2011 3:52 PM
John Benham is wanting to build me a set of projector headlights. The only problem is that i have no clue about how i would like them to look. The standard build leaves more empty area than i like. So im looking for ideas.

Re: I need headlight design help.
Monday, January 10, 2011 6:23 PM
You could do a 3 projector setup with a hi/lo beam and turn signal kinda like this..

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Monday, January 10, 2011 7:28 PM
I like that.

Monday, January 10, 2011 8:05 PM
prowler, youre fukkin my eyes out!! how the hell am i supposed to build that??!!

looks great, if thats what he picks, well see how it comes out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 10, 2011 8:06 PM

Monday, January 10, 2011 8:23 PM
Haha, John. I basically copied some Sentra lights I found online. I've wanted to do mine like this for a while now.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175708

Monday, January 10, 2011 8:26 PM
That would be unique as far as Cavs are concerned...

Monday, January 10, 2011 9:10 PM
John Benham wrote:prowler, youre fukkin my eyes out!! how the hell am i supposed to build that??!!

The main question is, do you think that that concept is possible? You know alot more about it than i do.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:09 AM
I thought I remembered someone doing one kind of like this on here before? I want to say it was for the 00-02 style head lights though.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:26 AM
tha_prowler wrote:I thought I remembered someone doing one kind of like this on here before? I want to say it was for the 00-02 style head lights though.

are you refering to the ones on the yellow car on the home page? i know both bubba and i were working on some similar to them. i know i never finished them from lack of interest.....dont know about bubba.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:59 AM
There is a yellow cavalier that has them done, but I think they were stock lights from Israel. If I remember correctly.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:14 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:There is a yellow cavalier that has them done, but I think they were stock lights from Israel. If I remember correctly.

You are correct sir.

Bubba never finished anything but his own set of regular retros, and even those I wouldnt call finished.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:03 AM
Tinkles wrote:
John Benham wrote:prowler, youre fukkin my eyes out!! how the hell am i supposed to build that??!!

The main question is, do you think that that concept is possible? You know alot more about it than i do.

i somehow thought this was an email, so i replied to it via email kyle. I have concerns, but yes, they are doable.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:10 AM
There was an 03+ Cavy with what looked to be the same design as the lights on the yellow Cav on the homepage... The 03+ was yellow also. I coudn't find a pic tho... but it had the 3 lights, 2 projectors and another for the corner lights.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:00 PM
No, not that one. I thought I remember some one working on one with a similar style to the chop I did. I have no idea who or if they finished it though.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:23 PM
hmmmmm, dunno. if thats what you like tinkles, thats what youll get.

anyone else have ideas for this boy??

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:57 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:There was an 03+ Cavy with what looked to be the same design as the lights on the yellow Cav on the homepage... The 03+ was yellow also. I coudn't find a pic tho... but it had the 3 lights, 2 projectors and another for the corner lights.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=19&i=49177&t=49177

ecoclean

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:12 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Mrs Jazer wrote:There was an 03+ Cavy with what looked to be the same design as the lights on the yellow Cav on the homepage... The 03+ was yellow also. I coudn't find a pic tho... but it had the 3 lights, 2 projectors and another for the corner lights.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=19&i=49177&t=49177

ecoclean

those are the israeli lights.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:58 AM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:There is a yellow cavalier that has them done, but I think they were stock lights from Israel. If I remember correctly.

You are correct sir.

Bubba never finished anything but his own set of regular retros, and even those I wouldnt call finished.

yep

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:24 AM
Thanks Vince.

Friday, January 14, 2011 9:48 AM
Those headlights look out of place on a stock front. Idk they just dont flow. Too much going on for a relatively smooth and clean front end. May flow worse with the Xtreme kit too but we'll see.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 9:18 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Those headlights look out of place on a stock front. Idk they just dont flow. Too much going on for a relatively smooth and clean front end. May flow worse with the Xtreme kit too but we'll see.

which ones? the yellow cav, or prowlers chop?

Saturday, January 15, 2011 8:26 PM
Both IMO.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:08 PM
there is another, the 02 style headlight.
Daniel Spencer's cav with 02 conversion

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search