WIRING DIAGRAM FOR DIS-2 ON ECO! (in progress) - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: WIRING DIAGRAM FOR DIS-2 ON ECO! (in progress)
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 5:57 PM
yup sure is

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, May 29, 2005 12:15 AM
i've been speaking with justinsecotec (hes been working on this install as well), and after some creative thinking on both of our parts, he claims to have got the thing working on his eco, with all the wiring i diagrammed here! Last time I spoke with him, he hadn't ued the cam sync generator, and the CEL was on, but he was unsure of the source of the code (it had been on before he installed the MSD system, and he hadn't used a scanner yet. ) However, I hear the car runs great. Ask him for any more details.... and I plan on doing my install after my damn finals (next week.)

Monday, May 30, 2005 11:22 AM
um it works... i have had the MSD on my ecotec for some time now... im actually selling it if anyone wants it.. .it will be a bolt on.. im selling it with the GM Coils, GM Modules, spark cables , ICM, all you have to do is connect it to the battery and ground and find somewhere to mount everything.. You can use my mounting location.

-DJ

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 12:40 PM
the code that is coming up if you dont have the msd camsync part is most likely 340 which is crankshaft position sensor malfunction, usually its just a pending code at first and the camsync only helps with the first few seconds when you start the car. The saturn guys which have been working with the motor the longest report similiar issues in hooking up an msd.

The 340 code comes from either too much voltage or not enough coming to the CSI input listed in the diagrams, it only takes a few seconds to trigger the code in thoery the msd 8914 should remedy this

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 7:31 PM
ill have this all sorted out on the weekend of the tenth.... ill tell y'all if the cam sync really stops me from throwing a code. I have finals this week so I'll do the whole install then.

Friday, June 10, 2005 10:05 PM
its been figured out now no codes running fine

Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:57 PM
i finished the install yesterday, with dis-2, external coils, plug wires, and cam sync generator. it wasn't too difficult... and you can wire the coil 12v input directly to any 12v source (like the pink wire on the ICM harness) so you don't need to solder it into the pin things. it ran fine yesterday, but today my CEL popped on after a little driving. any ideas? matt, how did you get it to not throw a code?

Monday, June 13, 2005 6:59 AM
what code did you get?

Monday, June 13, 2005 7:35 PM
Quote:

and you can wire the coil 12v input directly to any 12v source (like the pink wire on the ICM harness) so you don't need to solder it into the pin things.

explain that somemore.

TURBO KIT...$4,000
RUNNING 20 PSI...ANOTHER $2,000
SMOKING THE TIRES ON A 3RD GEAR ROLL...PRICELESS
Monday, June 13, 2005 9:12 PM
JustinsEcotec wrote:
Quote:

and you can wire the coil 12v input directly to any 12v source (like the pink wire on the ICM harness) so you don't need to solder it into the pin things.

explain that somemore.

sorry i didnt give a specific reference... i was excited. refer to my diagram:

Wire from coil packs to ICM pin labeled "Ignition Coil Voltage"

i RELOCATED THIS WIRE:

Wire from coil packs to pink 12v wire on ICM harness.

I did this just because the pins were annoying.. helpful hint: pull off the female connector from the ICM. Twist the wires you need to connect really tight, and thread them into the holes on the female connector. Plug it back into the icm. Putting a little solder on the wires to stiffen them helps too.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:16 PM
so your not going in from the bottom of the heat shrink. your actually going into the main plug-in with the 5 wires?

TURBO KIT...$4,000

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:18 PM
so your not going in from the bottom of the heat shrink. your actually going into the main plug-in with the 5 wires?

post some pics of your install or send them to me. i'll compare with mine and see what all ways it can be done.

TURBO KIT...$4,000
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:40 PM
i have no idea what youre talking about.. lets talk on aim about this... im in vermont and dont get to use my comp very often but im usually online at like midnight every night.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:39 PM
soldiering to those pins is not a very good idea, its better to use a plug that way if you ever want to disconnect the msd you can very easy and fast not to mention the area between the pins is not very much at all and your talking about a high heat high vibration area

Friday, June 17, 2005 3:42 PM
i found a nifty solution when i realized there was no way in hell to solder to the pins:

i removed the female to female connector, stripped the tips of two wires, put some solder on them to make them stiff (like pins), and jammed them into the right holes of the female connector. Then you plug that into the ICM, and its done! Wrap some tape around it to make sure no water or anything gets in there, and bam... it works.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search