yes! someone bought it before me! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
yes! someone bought it before me!
Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:02 PM
my friend has a 99 cavy with the 2200 and him instead of doing some other mods he just went out and bought a nitrous kit witch is great for me because now i can practice installing it and how u use it. but i have some questions that i was wondering. how does the WOT switch work. does it shoot nitrous off the line.because i heard that using nitrous right off the line is bad and could mess up ur engine. and could u use an RPM window switch to shoot the nitrous at a certain rpm and stop it at a certain rpm. oh and since the 2.2's injectors are like 18 lbs/hour can he use the 2.4 injectors that are
24 lbs/hour? also is there a certain size of t-fitting that he should use for tapping the fuel line? he doesnt want to cut off the fuel flow by getting one that might be too small. oh and this is on a car with the four speed tranny and 2200. im thinking of going nitrous also but after i am done with the basic boltons. so this is a great thing for me because i can learn alot without blowing my engine or anything like that.

Re: yes! someone bought it before me!
Sunday, May 15, 2005 7:10 PM
i hope he has more done to his car than JUST nitrous

Sunday, May 15, 2005 8:20 PM
yeah he has some basic stuff like catback header and intake, could anyone please answer my questions.thanks

Monday, May 16, 2005 11:55 AM
The Other Matt wrote:i hope he has more done to his car than JUST nitrous

you obviously know nothing about nitrous

anyways a W.O.T. switch is usually used in conjunction with a arming switch. So no you will need to spray at launch. I usually spray at the top of first . -- The right size T fitting should come with the kit and as for the injectors what size shot do you plan on running b/c you most likely will not need them --- You will probably want colder plugs though --- i would recomend NGK TR6's

Monday, May 16, 2005 12:46 PM
04 ecotec LS Sport wrote:
you obviously know nothing about nitrous

do you say anything else?

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Monday, May 16, 2005 2:43 PM
i don't think i like him ^^^^

Monday, May 16, 2005 3:03 PM
he puts that before damn near every post.....

Monday, May 16, 2005 3:33 PM
because people open with mouths on here who do not know what they are talking about as did you

i am pretty sure my knowledge of nitrous is greater then most on this site

Monday, May 16, 2005 3:33 PM
oh and fyi I have only made two posts that have that in it and yes one was directed towards you

Monday, May 16, 2005 4:03 PM
04 ecotec LS Sport wrote:because people open with mouths on here who do not know what they are talking about as did you

i am pretty sure my knowledge of nitrous is greater then most on this site

i never siad i knew what i was talking about.... and in that post i was asking a question not making a statment if you know what that means...

since you seem to know everything about nitrous maybe you should answer question like that and not just be a dick.

Monday, May 16, 2005 4:17 PM
I did answer your question if you remember correctly

Monday, May 16, 2005 4:38 PM
how the hell is...

Red2.ZCavi (The Slanky One) wrote:
Crazy Dude wrote:if you blew up one motor already...maybe getting a wet-kit might be the best bet

sory for the thread jack but..

i was told that dry was safer and wet was better for power/not as safe..

do not make a post to answer a question someone else has when you know nothing yourself

how in the hell is a dry kit safer then a wet kit -

an answer to a question??

...see i told you he didnt know what one is...

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:03 PM
BABY DRAMA MAMA!

you suck at life

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:04 PM
why do you two keep @!#$ with me?

its true.

get over it already...!

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:52 PM

Quote:

Red2.ZCavi (The Slanky One)
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:33 PM

so what the difference between the wet and dry systems..? not physicly... i know the wet kit sprays fuel as well as nitrous and the dry dosent but....

other than that what are the differences in the two?

pawer...safety ext...

Quote:

04 ecotec LS Sport Online
Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:53 AM

you said it yourself s wet kit sprays extra fuel and a dry kit uses the stock fuel system to provide extra fuel when you spray

a wet kit is more safe b/c you are adding fuel and nitrous not just nitrous.

a 75 dry shot and a 75 set shot should be the same power

sorry I was thinking of the wrong post but it answers the question regardless --- I am far from an a$$ and answer plenty of questions on here so I would pick my enemies wisely considering if you are thinking of going nitrous i might be able to help you out

Monday, May 16, 2005 6:44 PM
anyways a W.O.T. switch is usually used in conjunction with a arming switch. So no you will need to spray at launch. I usually spray at the top of first . -- The right size T fitting should come with the kit and as for the injectors what size shot do you plan on running b/c you most likely will not need them --- You will probably want colder plugs though --- i would recomend NGK TR6's

NOT BEING AN @$$!!!!! (too many big words for me )

in english a wide open throtle switch is activatived by the ON switch you would use to arm your nitrous. you flip your ON switch and when ever you press the gas pedal to the floor it basicaly spays the nitrous for you. when you let off the gas or cut your ON switch OFF it stops spraying. TR6's = good choice in plugs

Monday, May 16, 2005 9:50 PM
yeah I guess you can say it that way -- a nitrous kit is basically a circuit and you have to have all of the "switches" in the circuit in the on positon for the nitrous kit to spray. every time you add a switch like an arming switch, W O T switch, fuel pressure regulator, rpm window switch you are just adding another thing you need in the on position for the nitrous to activate when they are ALL on you spray

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search