?'s about NOS - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
?'s about NOS
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:02 AM
I've already read both stickies about the fuel pressure and the best system to use. I have my own ?'s to ask so anybody feel free to give some helpful answers and tips too.
I drive an '01 sunfire w/2200, I have header, intake, exhaust, plug wires sitting to the side, and an oil cooler installed. I have roughly 47,000 miles with an oil change every 3,000 miles.
1. what is the max HP that my stock internals can run to?
2. what shot would I see the best results with out damaging anything?
3. what is the best beginners kit to start and how much am I looking at spending?

Any feedback would help, thanks guys and gals....

4 months in Korea = 17" rims
4 months in Iraq = Bodykit
Not having mommy and daddy pay for everything = priceless

Re: ?'s about NOS
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 9:03 AM
just going off what ive heard...

1) 50-75 shot

2) ^^

3) NX Wet Stage 1 seems to be the standard... gravanatuning.com $525 (see other thread)

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 9:40 AM
Quote:

1. what is the max HP that my stock internals can run to?

35-75 is good for beginners

same answer for question 2

Quote:

what is the best beginners kit to start and how much am I looking at spending?

i would say either an NX wet kit or a ZEX wet kit.

one more thing, when talking about Nitrous, say nitrous not NOS. NOS is a brand of nitrous. when you say NOS when refering to nitrous, you will get made fun of on here, and just about everywhere else too

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 11:33 AM
Quote:

one more thing, when talking about Nitrous, say nitrous not NOS. NOS is a brand of nitrous. when you say NOS when refering to nitrous, you will get made fun of on here, and just about everywhere else too

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:03 PM
I suggest the nx stage 1 wet kit like said above. Its very simple to install (took me and a buddy 2 hours). It comes with 35-75 shot jets and is made for running on stock internals and no fuel upgrades. You WILL need to buy a step colder plugs however. I recommend NGK TR6's
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:08 PM
for question 2 on a 2200 I would say 35-50 (without damaging anything)

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:47 PM
Start with the 35 shot and work your way up. By the time you get use to the 35 shot and then move to the 50 shot you can answer your own questions.

Start small then upgrade as you go. I also suggest the NX kit.
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 6:23 PM
sorry I should have been more specific in saying nitrous. Nah my question #1 is what is the max HP rating for the stock internals before they either break or something goes wrong. Like for instance supra tt internals can withstand up to 600 HP. that would help alot, cause I'm debating on swapping my internals out and installing new forged internals. might as well rebuild the engine now then 40,000 down the road having to replace more.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 6:25 PM
Oh and another is I can get a bottle for just about nothing from my buddy. All I will really need is a new jet or 2 and the control module with fuel lines and all, do they sell just that kit alone without the bottle? And I don't think I will need a purge kit or any of that if I'm just starting off on a 35 shot, will I?

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 8:05 PM
I'd rather see you get the bottle from your friend for free, then sell it somewhere and get everything with the kit because a Nitrous kit is no where near like a turbo kit where you can piece things together over time!

There are some sites though that do sell things seperately, and I believe that through NX you can order everything seperate ( they have a list with all the stock #'s on their site).

Your questions:

1. Well I don't know the stress limit on the internals (since a blown motor isn't always because of the internals), but I will say that a friend is currently running a 100shot of NX on his 2200 with 6-7 degrees retard, NGK Tr71 plugs, Magnecor wires, and some other nic knac electrical add-ons (boosters and etc). That's not saying you can also do it on your motor and be safe but that give you an idea of what a 2200 can hold with proper planning.

2. I say a 50shot then after a couple months of use, onto a 75 w/ retarded timing

3. Deffinately Zex or NX! I prefer NX myself as do most of the people on here. Others just say it doesn't matter as long as the install is right! Which I also believe is true!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:15 PM
i go as far and say you can get away with 100 shot on stock internals. its all about the tuning. tune your car correctly and you can do it.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 1:04 AM
100 shot ........................................................................................................................................................................................................ ........................................................................................................................................................................................................ ........................................................................................................................................................................................................ ...................................................................................... on a 2200 with stock internals --- do you realize you are doubling the stock hp (to the wheels) trust me something will break within a month

Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:15 AM
100 shot on a 2200 is a little far fetched but i know of a 2200 that ran a 100 shot with no problems at all. the owner actually went out and TUNED it correctly.
i also know of people that had Eagle Rods in the engines and they snapped at 6 psi but there were not tuned correctly

Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:18 AM
yeah but most people on here will not do that so I myself would not even throw that suggestion out there

Thursday, May 19, 2005 6:51 PM
^^haha that's why I said I wasn't implying to himmthat he could also do the same and make it through! Currently the guy I know has made 6 passes on the track and the fastest time I've seen from him was a 14.37 I believe! Ehhh I tried to get him onto JBO but he was previously signed up and didn't like how much drama was on the site and constant flaming! Can't blame him myself!

And no, I don't think there's anything far-fetched about spraying 100 into a 2200! Especially when you owned a junkyard with multiple other engine sitting around just asking to be swapped in

Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:17 PM
No way in hell I'll do a 100 shot, I'm prob gonna start with a 35 shot to get the feeling of running nitrous then maybe in the future redo my internals with forged pieces and then run a 100 or maybe a 150 shot. thats why I asked what the stock internals were good for on HP rating.

Friday, May 20, 2005 12:28 AM
I wouldn't either!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search