nitrous and hot car - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
nitrous and hot car
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:00 PM
ok.. i just purchased a nitrous kit.. nx efi for gm... wanted to know what problems would i run into durring the summer haveing a bottle in my car.. i dont want it to blowup my car so i figured i would ask.. im going to the beach in like 3 weeks in north carolina.. temps should be around 85 to 90 outside.. what does that mean for the bottle in my trunk ... do i have to get a blow down tube>?? do these bottles automatically vent when they have to much pressure or is this something i have to watch for myself... any tips would be good.. oh and anything else i might need to run a safe setup besides spark plugs and a fuel pressure safty switch.. i have an auto so i didnt know if i "needed" a rpm window switch.. thanks all

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $65 plus shipping
e-mail for more info

Re: nitrous and hot car
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:51 AM
You could get a blow down tube if you really wanted to be safe. The little fitting that you see has a plug type thing on it is a pressure disc. It will burst when the bottle pressure reaches a certain pressure, releasing the gas in side. Thats where you would connect a blow down tube. I never had any issues with the bottle in my trunk or heard of anybody else having issues.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 6:20 AM
another option is only putting the bottle in the car when your going to use it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:23 AM
a WOT switch would be good. but i believe your kit comes with one.

i have my bottle mounted in the trunk. and so far i have no issues with the presure being to high

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:15 AM
I live in florida amd have no issues with it being too hot and the pressure getting too high most of the time I have to use a bottle heater and we get 95+ all of the time here

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:18 PM
ok cool... just wanted to make sure.. thanks for the info all...

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
e-mail for more info
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:19 PM
you should be fine last year my bottle sat in my trunk for 8 hours with a heat index of about 102* no pressure was realeased, even if for some reason it does and you hear it just roll your windows down let it air out, it wont do any harm,

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:19 PM
you should be fine last year my bottle sat in my trunk for 8 hours with a heat index of about 102* no pressure was realeased, even if for some reason it does and you hear it just roll your windows down let it air out, it wont do any harm, unless your sucking on the bottle

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:41 PM
how old is the turbo charger and what type of motor will it fit
Thursday, June 02, 2005 11:51 AM
matt desporte wrote:how old is the turbo charger and what type of motor will it fit

lol most random post ever!

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:06 PM
turbo is from a sabb 9000.. dunno how old but its in very good shap... it will fit any type of motor as long as you have the manifold for the engine.. its a t3 turbo

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
e-mail for more info

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search