Update on my NX install progress - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Update on my NX install progress
Monday, May 23, 2005 9:24 PM
~Update~

I tried to install some of the Nitrous this weekend.
Nozzle --> Lines ---> Solenoids ---> Electrical.

Well right off the bat i ran into trouble... lack of room prevented me from attatching the feed lines to the Nozzle. So I had to order 2 new lines w/ 90 Deg elbows so i can attatch it then i can judge where I need to mount the solenoids and that good stuff!! So since i couldnt hook up that stuff.. i decided to work on the instillation of the Nitrous & Purge buttons on my Freshly painted steering wheel! wOOt wOOt so to keep you all in the loop.. have a looksy at my steering wheel freshly painted and buttons installed! now the nitrous button is on the left... the purge on the right turned out excellent i think! So now i got the pimpin' buttons and shizzo! Ready to install the Nitrous and roxor this shizzle on a 1/4 mile track!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine

Re: Update on my NX install progress
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:25 AM
That's just chinese food!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 12:53 PM
:o ITS NOT CAT! LOL

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:02 PM
Alright so I got bored today.. waiting on the peices. Decided to get creative. LOL and snap some pics of all teh things im working on, in the car here goes

-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:05 PM

sorry about that, url to thumbnails. LOL

-Saint Augustine
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 7:19 AM
you should've made the bottle look like a coke bottle, then nobody would be the wiser......

sleeper material

clean your car dude lol

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:55 AM
LOL I jsut set it in there and took pics. There's a compartment that will house the bottle w/ about 10-15% tinted plexiglass windows, and neons to light the inside @ night when the Nitrous system is armed. So you wont see the bottle unless it's at night or if the top of the casing is off. As for my car, it's sitting. A piston ring went in the motor and im waiting on the time to go get the new motor. It just sits in the driveway, that's why im doing alot of the work im doing to it, b/c it's not being driven. It's a mess b/c of all the work that i am doing, no use of cleaning it untill im completly finished.

-Saint Augustine
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 2:12 PM
so you are just using a pushbutton to activate it?
i thought it was the norm to use a wot switch and an rpm window switch in series with an activator switch. im trying to research nitrous

you have to stand for something, or you're bound to fall for anything
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 2:23 PM
joseph fitzwater wrote:so you are just using a pushbutton to activate it?
i thought it was the norm to use a wot switch and an rpm window switch in series with an activator switch. im trying to research nitrous

you can wire your setup many diff ways depending on how you want it... For example I have a switch to arm the whole system then I have two wot switches wired together so they both need to be working for nitrous to function (after my budy's wot switch malfunctioned causing a blown motor), then I have a push button to actually spray.. this way its a little safer and I dont want to spray the whole race (all the time) I might just need a little helping hand ya know.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 6:48 PM
I will be using every method to protect my engine as possible. I have a WOT, eventually i might end up getting a RPM switch too. I'll Always keep the buttons tho as the last resort to activate the system. To make sure it doesnt just go off when it wants. lol

-Saint Augustine
Friday, May 27, 2005 12:32 PM
i fear the man who installs a nitrous system and removes his airbag

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77

Friday, May 27, 2005 4:37 PM
rofl why's that jayson? if you drive as carefully as i drive mine, it's not a prob. If you act stupid and do crazy and dumb ass things, then yes.. they dont need aftermarket steering wheels. Only time i'll be spraying is at the track, in suitable conditions.

~Update~

the nitrous lines didnt get shipped out till yesterday, so I've got time to kill till then. Soo i've been busy as usual. I cutt down the shifter bar today on my automatic about 2" worth so it sits lower and just plain looks nicer. it looks all swanky now! ALSO.. I got the screen mounting peice i fabricated from fiberglass, Fiberglassed TO THE DASH BEZEL! so it's one peice now! and it looks hawt, it's in my car. I still have more shaping & moulding to do b4 i can call it complete.. but the hardest part is done the actual grafting of it to my bezel. *dances around* it looks so gooood! geut geut geut! waiting on the pats for my nitrous so i can install it this weekend, goan be working on and hopefully finishing up the bezel & hopefully get the back floor cut out so i can get the bottle placement situated and whatnot It's all falling into place, it's swelteringly hot here, compared to our 50-60's we had no more than 5 days ago, not it's 80& 90's. lol crazy @!#$! Pics will be comming i'll snap multiple ones this weekend i need sum more batteries

-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:42 PM

How do you route the cables of your purge and activation nitrous.?

Do you still have a horn button.?

I have only one line on the hub... Do you have various lines.? I would like to run my purge, activation and horn, but don't know how with only one line.

I run varios cables but after a while they get cut by the hub.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 8:00 PM
Not a prob bro! I thought about it and thought about
it.. and tried to figure out how in the hell to avoid
that. took me 2 days of thinking. lol
Those buttons as you know have wires comming off of
each button on the backside. Well I used the small
house speaker wire as the wire to connect it. Then
what i did was notch out the size and depth of the
wire. so the wire is "Suggly" pressed and held in one
spot so there is no wire roll and flex. then i put the
steering wheel to the hub, lined up the wires and
bolted her down ran the wires through the hub
adapter into the steering wehel column. I left slack
as well behind the horn button that i didnt wire..
incase there was some binding.. it wouldnt screw w/
the buttons.

But i just used a dremel to notch out the back of the
steering wheel. I'd take pics, but im not gonna have
that wheel off again anytime soon. LOL So if you need
any more info and tips, pointers bro, hit me up agian.
Always more than glad to help someone out!

-Saint Augustine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search