Whats safe? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whats safe?
Monday, June 13, 2005 10:55 AM
Screw boost, it's going to be too hard (and expensive) to to on my car.

I've got a 93 Sunbird (2.0 OHC MPFI) and I'm wondering how big a shot I can run without risking the engine. Also, I'd rather go wet, I just don't know how much harder it is to wire up.

I'de never been in a car with nitrous before and I'de like to know how much of a difference I'de see running a safe amount of spray, and as for how it will feel, can you actually feel that much of a difference when it kicks in.

Re: Whats safe?
Monday, June 13, 2005 12:39 PM
Can you feel the difference after installing a CAI that only ads 3-5hp? Yes. Nitrous = 35+ hp. I think it's safe to say there would be a signifigant difference. What would I know though. I've never been in a car with nitrous being used.(seriously) Start out small and get used to it with say a 35 shot of nitrous. As you get more comfortable using it move up to a 50 and so on and so forth. For a stock engine I wouldnt go past 50 shot though.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?
Monday, June 13, 2005 2:18 PM
Nitrous is never 100 percent safe just make sure everything is working fine, check and recheck everything. Id say you coould run a 50 shot easily but maybe lower to start with , really your decision. But id say you could safely run a 50

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Monday, June 13, 2005 9:15 PM
i myself would be worried about fuel pressure on an older car like that... maybe you should get a gauge and check it out. just being safe... although i usually just "mickey mouse" it.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 8:56 AM
I was thinking the fuel pressure thing too, thats why I'd like to run a wet system. I know how a dry works, but where wet kits get there fuel from and what works on my car..I need to find out. All the manufacturer pages are saying 20 per cylinder is safe, that makes 80, but the only kit at or below that is 75. So occording to NX and NOS, a 75 shot from a wet jet is safe, but we all know that the people selling you the stuff are not to be trusted.

As far as feeling it, I was just wondering how jerky it is, and how close it really is the the cheesy movies.

The closest thing I've got now is all the power kicking in a 3400rpm and then rappidly gaining until 6 grand. (it s weird, it goes from guttless, to pulling like mad as if someone flipped a happy switch. Probably the exaust).

Cm'om where all really just doing it for the fun,,how fun is it.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:08 AM
nitrous is awesome. i have a 50 shot myself on my car.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:20 AM
Weebel wrote:As far as feeling it, I was just wondering how jerky it is, and how close it really is the the cheesy movies.

It's EXACTLY how it is in the movies.... especially the first Fast & the Furious... it will instantly turn your car into a 10-second quarter mile beast, and if you're not careful, your floor boards may fall out...

lol

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:55 AM
Oh god.............

I thought the day of knocking the Fast and the Furious movies, was long over...

Oh well, funny though..

I still can't figure out what the heck was supposed to be going on when the floor board flew out of the eclips...makes no sense, has no reason. After that, I couldn't enjoy the movie anymore. Than he said somthing about double clutching (should have been speed shifting), and blowing welds on the intake. Take all that in for a moment. They should have beaten the research guys a$$. I'd like to.

As far as how hard , or jerkey it kicks in....I'm mainly concerned if its strong enough to cause any drive line damage, and so I'll know what to expect, and not get spooked, and have tourque steer drive me into the curb.

Also, if it's worht it.... Money to benifit ratio....

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 2:58 PM
the difference is very noticable think in my car I am adding over 50% more power with the flip of a switch

I would start with a 35 to make sure everything works fine first then up it.

the install on a wet kit is relatively easy nothing you would not be able to do yourself

good luck with it I would highly recomend the use of nitrous

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:56 PM
i think his little computer screen said he was damaging the intake manifold or something? So of course the floor board would fall out, happens to me all the time.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search