How long will my 96 Z hold up on a 75 shot - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How long will my 96 Z hold up on a 75 shot
Monday, June 27, 2005 4:08 PM
II was just wondering how reliable my 96 Auto Z will hold up on a 75 shot. I also want to know what all i will need to add this kit. So far i have decided to go with an rpm switch and want to know the best rpms for it to turn on and off at. I know i will be upgrading the fuel pump to a 255lph before i try to run it.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan

Re: How long will my 96 Z hold up on a 75 shot
Monday, June 27, 2005 4:13 PM
well, how many miles do you have, run a 75 wet and you wont need another pump, you should hold up fine if you use it right

Monday, June 27, 2005 4:17 PM
i have 90,000 and i am goin witht he wet kit to keep it safe

Monday, June 27, 2005 5:01 PM
another question....what kind of times should i expect in the quarter...i am looking at running a rpm window switch and also need some suggestions on where to set that

Monday, June 27, 2005 5:08 PM
hmmm. 90k on a 2.4 running a 75 shot... i'd give it about a bottle's worth of runs

just check your fuel pressure, run good premium gas, colder plugs, and it should be ok as long as the engine has been properly maintained and not beaten on.

Monday, June 27, 2005 9:38 PM
i plan on gettin everything checked out before i put the kit on, im all about doin my own work but im really not sure what to look for to check for any trouble in my engine

Monday, June 27, 2005 10:04 PM
Have a pro put it on if your in doubt, have him tell you what to watch for and get him to help you with your air/fuel ratio.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Monday, June 27, 2005 11:21 PM
i thought air/fuel isnt a problem if you go with the wet kit, due to the fact that it adds nitrous and fuel simultaneously

Monday, June 27, 2005 11:26 PM
i see you are from York. contact McNews Automotive they are in Dillsburg. they deal in NX kits and they can hook it up for you. i would also recommend a WOT switch. but most kits alrady come with that
Quote:

what kind of times should i expect in the quarter

that all depends. NA i ran a 16.4. now with a 50 shot on crappy tires i ran a 14.7. and i also have an auto with over 90,000 miles. if you do reguler maintence and such you will be ok. i would also suggest some guages. EGT gauge, feul pressure, and probaly oil pressure. they also can be bought at Mcnews. ive done bussiness with them and they are good people.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 12:42 PM
it still can be a problem if it isnt jetted right or you have fuel pump failure

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 12:49 PM
i was at actually up there the other day...a kid there tuned my friends Uberdata on the dyno...

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:05 PM
Another thing....do i have to change my timing at all. My buddy was sayin i have to change my timing because im spraying and running premium. From what i gathered the NX stage one EFI kit requires no timing retard.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:10 PM
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:20 PM
03_CF_Blues wrote:colder plugs and premium and your good

what he said.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:10 AM
no, you don't have to retard your timing for 75 wet shot or less.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:31 AM
You SHOULD be fine with colder plugs and higher octane you always want to start small like a 35-50 to make sure everything is working correctly then work your way up.

I would try to install it myself if i where you it is fairly easy and you should not run into any problems --- most kits today come with everything you need but you may want to look into a nitrous pressure gauge, bottle heater, purge and an fpr.

Friday, July 01, 2005 12:37 PM
04 ecotec LS Sport wrote:

I most kits today come with everything you need but you may want to look into a nitrous pressure gauge, bottle heater, purge and an fpr.

I'd change that may to you will, heater = night and day with bottle pressure, pressure gauge = need to know for use of bottle heater lol, purge = fun, and tenths in the quarter plus you always want to get that pressure out of the lines when your not spraying (bottle off), fpr = better to be safe then sorry.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search