2200 And Nitrous - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 And Nitrous
Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:57 AM
Just got the car back together from Nitrous a$$ kickin it recieved.
Running Zex's dry kit with 55 shot . It was
my own fault. I did not have anything to monitor fuel pressure or no fuel upgrades what so ever. Very Bad Mistake. I was wondering if I
Uprade to a fuel pump or fuel pump booster and maybe even injectors. Also check and made sure the fuel pressure was were it should be would the stock internals be alright?I just don't want to take any chances. I did a search and did not find anything about the 2200 engines being blown in the past posts. Also I have heard of the fuel safety switch how effective is that. And for my last question. When i did run the Nitrous it was only showin about 500 Psi of Nitrous pressure in the bottle Very cold days.And Since zex is suppose to readjust and all that crap I figured that it would be fine. But I only got like maybe 5 good sprays before the bottle was low can anyone tell me the reason for this?

" I don't know whats better getting paid or gettin laid, I just know that when I am getting one the other is getting away."

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG

Re: 2200 And Nitrous
Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:24 AM
you should not need any fuel system upgrades for a dry 55 shot. only 93 octane and colder copper spark plugs. if your fuel pressure is low, it could be a bad fuel pressure regulator, weak fuel pump, or if the car is high mileage a clogged filter.

low nitrous pressure on your kit wouldnt cause any problems besides a really weak shot. get a bottle heater. make sure your bottle is full also. bottle pressure is not a measure of how much usable nitrous is in the tank. a 10 lb. tank when full should weigh about 24 lbs.

fuel pressure safety switch... its very effective should your fuel pressure happen to drop below safe levels, it just wont let the solenoids open.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:33 AM
I used the plugs zex sells, the triple electrode ones. As well as 93. I did not have anything to upgrade fuel which was a bas mistake. The bottle was full. I still only managed about 5 good sprays. And then the bottle was empty. What do you suppose the cause of that was? The bottle was not full to begin with. Would air inside the bottle cause it to weigh almost the same? I know I got the bottle filled up a second time and I had them weigh it there and it was good. Though the bottle felt as heavy as before and I did not get them to weigh it the first time. Does the FPSS tap into the fuel line? Or how does it work. Would it do me the same to just have a FP Gauge?

Thanks Daniel

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:30 PM
^if you only got 5 passes out of the bottle what wast the pressure? I would recomend getting a bottle heater to keep the pressure up this way you get the most out of your bottle all the time.

Friday, July 15, 2005 6:12 AM
zex plugs are garbage. i wouldnt be surprised if that was the cause of your engine failure. from what i have seen, our cars dont like those plugs. get some ngk TR6 part number 4177.
if you are positive the bottle was full and you only got 5 runs, then you probably have a leak somewhere. open the bottle valve and check all your unions and lines for frost. wherever n2o leaks out there will be frost.
the FP gauge will tell you how much pressure is in the fuel lines at any moment, but will not automatically cut your nitrous delivery like the fpss will. i couldnt tell you the exact procedure for installing the fpss as i havent actually done it on my car, but installation shouldn't be difficult from what i understand

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search