100 shot on eco..... - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
100 shot on eco.....
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:27 PM
Ok, right now i have a N.O.S. 50 shot dry on my car. Its not nearly what i wanted and i need to go faster. Only way i have a chance of even coming close to running with the hondas that are around here is something short of a 100 shot. I need to know if i can do enough fuel mods to run 100 shot dry, or should i go wet, or if its what i need to do, what do i need to do to do a direct port system, ive searched through and so far havnt come up with much information on this much nitrous in many cars, so any info would be appreciated.

In the mean time, should i be ok with running a dry 75 shot?
I have TR6 plugs and am running premium fuel.

THanks again.

Re: 100 shot on eco.....
Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:39 AM
Go with a wet 75
different plugs
93 octane
thats all you need for a honda.
Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:44 AM
^^^ what he said

although I have ran a 100 shot

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:32 AM
I ran 100 wet before but I woudl only recomend the 75 wet ---- get rid of the dry kit (if you like your motor)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:09 PM
Said it once and i'll say it again. Dry kits scare me.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:45 PM
Yes the 50 shot is going. And no, a 75 wet is nothing close to what i need. Most of the hondas around here are mid 12 second cars, the faster ones are dipping into the 10 second range. I want to keep my car, but i dunno much about it. Is there anyone in here running 100 shot. Darkstars.... any problems with the 100 shot wet? I want at least that, i mean, if i need to do internals thats not a problem at all, just dont want to sell out and get a honda, but right now it looks like i could go that route cheaper and end up faster.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:25 PM
to take a cav into the 10s ... good luck with that.

100 and you should look at internals, maybe then run direct port and could possibly up to 125ish

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:03 PM
have you actually seen these hondas run 10-12's? Or is that just what they say?

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:44 PM
Have actually seen these cars, at a track running that fast. Turbo hondas that are gutted get really fast. I just want to put my car in the 13s. that would be enough for me. Right now im mid 15s.

Friday, July 29, 2005 11:10 AM
Blew my engine on a 100 shot. Still have yet to be told what actually gave, but the car is being towed home today to pull the head. Cuz the dealership seems to lack the initiative to provide SERVICE. The computer can't tell them what's wrong, so in turn the car has sat for 4 days.

That said, after feeling how hard it pulls, it's a lot of fun, but do you really want to pay that price to go that fast?

Listen to the guys. Go wet. I should have. I didn't.

Why not supercharge it, or turbo it. Sounds like those guys are having good luck, and those alternatives are cheaper than the engine.....

Ecotecs run $6000 canadian.
Friday, July 29, 2005 11:39 AM
or 400 -1k on ebay or something for an engine.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 2:43 PM
Turbo and supercharging may come one day, but nobody around here really runs nitrous, just trying something different. I want to run nitrous a little more safelly than just a wet kit, thats why im wondering about fuel management, and timing and pistons and stuff like that, i know i will need some of it, just wanting to know what and possibly were to find it, havnt found much stuff as far as internals go for a cavy.

Wet kit is on its way though

Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:47 AM
people are not probaly going to think this might be a dumb idea. Why void your warrnty risk having to take the bus and give your self head aches tunning the the thing. If you have the room leave the cavailer alone and buy a old mustang or f-body. they can be had for a song a Lt-1 with a six speed should get in to 13s real easy. a Fox body mustang with a small shot say 80 might even break 12s. your cavailer is new and probaly has a warranty. or hell buy a DSM to kick there teeth in with. take your pick theres a whole world of old men, trendy morrons, women who have these gems and get rid of them. do you know how many Grand pa's i see in corvettes when they bored with them the trade them in. so these cars have no warranty and are "out of date" so they just sit there.
Monday, August 01, 2005 10:52 AM
^^^ you said it yourself.

He has a cavalier, some dont care about warranty, others arent in it anymore. That being said, know how many looks you get if you have a faster cavy. People look at it and say wtf, sure you wont keep up with the ultra done up imports, but you will give some of them with decent stuff done a run for their money.

I went into show with mine for the same reason, dont see many NICELY done cavs around here, so I wanted to be the one to do it. I am slowly adding power now trying to give some imports a run, never wanted to get into the 10s on my cav, heck I know I picked the wrong car for that, but to have a decently fast cavy is my goal.

Monday, August 01, 2005 2:57 PM
well correct me if im wrong but it seems he has a score to settle, its just my opinion but I think he wants to mash some imports. I think of it this way i Think of imports all imports as anoying insects. say a regular a stock import N/a import a small roach a j body would be like flip flop slipper. but what if roach cant be smashed with flip flop it to big well you would use a hammer (4th gen F-body or mustang) say if that hammer dosen't work. you could give up or have like ten coffee's go crazy smash every thing The coffee im talking about is nitrous. this may no make sense but i think i have a fever . so enjoy your J, mod your J enjoy its economy and its overall cuteness and when the aftermarket get more mature go crazy. But i think right now if you have insect problem grab go buy a hammer.
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:14 AM
lol, ive never tried to kill a bug with a hammer!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:17 PM
I'm really surprised that apparently no one has taken notice of the fact you have an automatic. Having the auto tranny is going to hurt you a good bit. Just for you to use as a reference:
You said you're running mid 15s with a 50 shot? I'm running mid 15s with minor bolt ons (and I should be running low 15s--I just can't drive). The main difference? I'm a 5-speed.

It's gonna be tough for you to get into the 13s on an auto I think. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it will be tough I think. The tranny will require some work.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see it happening on an auto.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:28 PM
To clear some things up.... i ran a 15.7 with just an intake and a autotrans interceptor. Than i let somebody drive my car, ended up with a ripped open trans pan.... so now my trans slips really bad and i only get 16.4s out of it...... this is before nitrous.

Havnt ran with the 50 shot yet, but if i brake into the 14s Ill be extremelly surprised.

Anyway, a new transmission is on the way with some fuel mods to run a 100 wet shot.
MSD
Bigger injectors
fuel pump

Trying to find some kind of fuel management that i can get things straight with.....

Any suggestions will help..............

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 8:10 PM
Try mega squirt for starters if your looking for an awsome yet affordable fuel management system.

Since your an auto i would highly recomend you go out and get a new touque converter with a higher stall. This along could drop your quarter by .5 seconds and since a new tranny is on the way i would do this mod now since the trans will be out of the car.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 9:38 AM
yes the Yank Converter on ebay right now is great and only $215. instead of launching at 2400 im at about 2900 and seeing as with my mods my power realyl goes at about 3300 rpms its a huge difference i have traction issues now. stock my 60' times were low 2.3 and now i get like 2.5

Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:57 PM
replace the rods and give it a go!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:36 AM
Well hey if your interested i have a eco manifold with holes in the runners already if you want it. I used it with a 100 shot direct port and it worked fine. didnt have any problems with it. I was running in the 13.4 area

My Sig Was To Big
Monday, August 08, 2005 4:44 PM
for all of you that have cavaliers. and want to get an import. i have a 2.2 litre cavalie and i buddy has a 2.2 honda accord. and after putting things on them and turbos nitrous. cams boring i get 300 horses more. and if you don't beleave get dyno 2000 and try it yourself. i would go with a turbo. then with the nos. the turbo is a lot safer and in the end alot cheaper. after having to get the bottl filled all the time.you will be better off.
Monday, August 08, 2005 5:05 PM

Monday, August 08, 2005 8:18 PM
shawn henderson wrote:for all of you that have cavaliers. and want to get an import. i have a 2.2 litre cavalie and i buddy has a 2.2 honda accord. and after putting things on them and turbos nitrous. cams boring i get 300 horses more. and if you don't beleave get dyno 2000 and try it yourself. i would go with a turbo. then with the nos. the turbo is a lot safer and in the end alot cheaper. after having to get the bottl filled all the time.you will be better off.

lay off the hash

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search