thinking of getting nitrous - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
thinking of getting nitrous
Thursday, July 07, 2005 6:54 PM
ok im thinkin of getting a NO2 kit, NX of course but here is the deal...what do i need to do to prep my engine so it wont mess up my car. i have a 2200 with a cold air intake and catback and platum spark plugs and thats it. im only looking at something small like a 20 shot if there is such a thing as a 20 shot but if not im only willing to go as big as a 50 shot.my dad says i dont need to do anything but make sure its blended right and i should be fine but i want the advice of people who already have it.

Sinister Ambitions

Re: thinking of getting nitrous
Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:43 PM
Well I just got my kit and I plan on spraying a 50 shot. I Bought the Nitous Oxide Systems universal WET 4/6 banger kit. I also recomend getting a window switch as this allows you to spray between 2 preselected rpms points. ei. on at 3000 and off at 5900rpms this switch wont allow the nitous to spray befor 3k and after 5.9k and when used with a wot switch it wont spray untill you floor it.

I looked in your reg and It doesnt have any car info so if your car is a 5 speed. I would get the window switch for safty sake. This way if you miss a shift you wont pop your motor. also rule of thumb is to retard your ignition timing 2 degrees for every 50hp of spray. but most people dont. on just a 50.

and you should run premium fuel and get spark plugs that are one or two heat ranges colder as they are less prone to detionation.

I'm sure more people will reply but dont forget to read the faq up top.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 10:08 PM
pushrods pretty much covered it, but one thing, do NOT use platinum plugs with nitrous, get copper core spark plugs, either ngk tr6's or autolite part number 103

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, July 07, 2005 11:20 PM
and premium fuel and you should be good ---

Friday, July 08, 2005 5:22 AM
what everyone else said

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, July 08, 2005 7:35 AM

safety features:
wot switch (figure it came with it)
fuel pressure safety switch (just incase it drops low)
rpm window switch (so you dont hit rev limiter)
another nitrous solenoid ( blocks from one sticking )

Even with an auto the RPM is nice so you dont run into traction problems. With just a wot switch... you will lose traction at WOT and low rpms, altho maybe not with a 35 shot.

All the others are just added safety things. Not needed, but suggested.

Test your fuel pressure to make sure its good atleast first. The numbers are in the FAQ

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Friday, July 08, 2005 8:35 AM
pushrods how long have you been running nitrous on your 2200? I just put mine in and im wondering how worried i should be lol. How many miles do you have on your engine aswell? Right now i have a zex wet kit, tr6's and running 93/94 octane.

Saturday, July 09, 2005 12:34 PM
2degree's for a 50 shot? Wow, we need nitro to reply or 04 LS. I dont think thats right. I was alwasy under the impression a 50shot should not require any timing retard. In fact I thought it was only 1 degree for every 25shot AFTER 50 or 75. One of them.

But yea, like said though. Copper plugs, check your fuel pressure, run premium fuel, dont spray when bottle is really low or your car is really low on fuel.

Saturday, July 09, 2005 8:05 PM
^ ^ I got 49k on my 2200 and so far so good im on my first half bottle ( we took my bottle out and put it in my buds stang when his bottle ran out. as i wanted a ride in the stang since he went up to a 150 shot. ) it was worth it. lol

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:07 AM
get a fuel pressure regulator so you can turn ur fuel pressure up if you need more fuel
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 4:19 PM
Why do u have to run 93 octane fuel? What if I ran the stock 87 octane, cuz the way gas prices are now, (like friggin 95 cents a litre for 87 octane!) I cant afford to put 93 in my car, if I were to get nos, couldnt I use it with normal grade fuel jsut wait til I'm at like 4000 rpm before using it would that make it safer, or no?

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 4:54 PM
no............you need premium because it has less of a chance of detonation, if you use 87 with nitrous at any rpm your gonna break something, and break it fast.

if you arent willing to use nitrous without the proper engine safteys including fuel, don't run nitrous

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 12:45 PM
^^ he said it, premium is 20 cents more a gallon here, dont run nitrous if you dont wanna pay, will cost MUCH more to rebuild an engine than to buy premium.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search