how to go from dry to wet kit - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how to go from dry to wet kit
Monday, August 01, 2005 1:58 PM
how do you convert a zex dry kit over to a wet kit. what stuff do you need. if anyone could make me a list that would be great.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Re: how to go from dry to wet kit
Monday, August 01, 2005 2:11 PM
zex makes a conversion for a few hundred bux. its basically a whole new NMU box that has the brain and both fuel and n2o solenoids inside, along with all the extra plumbing. if you dont wanna go that route, you will need everything except a new bottle and main n2o delivery line:

wot switch
fuel solenoid
nitrous solenoid
relays for the solenoids
AN lines for the fuel
n2o/fuel nozzle

i'd go with the zex conversion. alot cleaner and less hassle. probably end up costing almost the same too.

Monday, August 01, 2005 2:31 PM
could you use the existing box for the nitrous part and buy a fuel solenoid and nozzle. what relays are you talking about?

Monday, August 01, 2005 2:43 PM
also, i am a dummy when it comes to wet kit. where do and what do you tap the nozzle to make it work

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:23 AM
no you cannot use the existing box since it is routed for a fuel pressure increase bleed-off. relays are what reglulate the power going to the solenoids.
the fuel delivery line is tapped off the high pressure feed line going into the fuel rail. ecotecs have a shrader valve that can be used instead of splicing a T-fitting in the line.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:34 AM
correction...the relays dont "regulate" the power. the way i put it made it sound like a voltage regulator or something. but relays are there to act as a buffer for the switched power to activate teh solenoid

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search