What shot? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What shot?
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 11:16 AM
I have an 04 cavy with the 2.2l eco and auto trans, it has 43,000 miles on the motor.
i have a wai and swapped muffler. What is the largest wet shot of n2o that i could run safely using a wot? thanx in advance.

Re: What shot?
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:06 PM
eh, get colder plugs, timing retard, and watch your A/F ratio and you could probably run a 100 shot safe enough. 75 should be ok. But id stick to a 50 except on special occasions ....... Nitrous is never safe though. MAke sure everything is set up right.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:30 PM
I've heard that if you use a water methanol injection you don't have to change your timing or plugs, and you never have to worry about detonation. Anybody else ever heard this?
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:31 PM
None of that, You can run as high as a 75 shot wet without any problems but you will need to put in new plugs either autolite 103's or ngk tr6's and premium fuel.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:14 PM
Quote:

None of that, You can run as high as a 75 shot wet without any problems

very True.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:02 PM
Since your looking at getting a wet kit I would also recomend a fuel pressure safety switch.

Friday, August 12, 2005 9:37 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:None of that, You can run as high as a 75 shot wet without any problems but you will need to put in new plugs either autolite 103's or ngk tr6's and premium fuel.

I went through nearly 400 lbs of nitrous with a bottle heater, NGK TR6's, and 93 octane

Monday, August 22, 2005 10:01 PM
according to GM's Ecotec engine builders manual, up to a 75 hp wet shot from a NX kit is ok on a stock ecotec with premium pump gas, and colder spark plugs.

*i use the term "safe" very loosely because as previously stated, nitrous is NEVER completely safe*

Monday, August 22, 2005 10:11 PM
nitrous is completely safe. just have to know how to use it with in reason. keep enough fuel flowing in comparison to your size shot, and make sure the motor can hold the size and you should be fine.

The one, the only, ME.
Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:21 PM
is that the same for the 2.4s. i was thinking about going to 75 when i change over to the wet from dry. the motor has 72k on it w/ colder plugs and no retard and 93 octane in it at all times.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search