What blows? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What blows?
Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:44 AM
Just got done re-doing my nitrous in stealth mode and I was wondering.......

When spraying on our J's what usually goes first if there's something to go wrong! Since there can many circumstances lets just say you're running a 2200 hehe, and a 50-75shot wasn't doing it for ya! So basically you take it up to 100-125 (im not going in any newb/ricer direction here) what would give way first?

Head gasket?
Valve?
Piston?
Piston RIngs?

I figure if I narrow down the weaker things in the engine then I should just upgrade those and not worry about what type of shot I'm using! Also answer the question for the 2.4 and Eco engines as I have all 3 engines avail to my disposal in the long run. Thanks alot!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Re: What blows?
Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:12 AM
RODS!
They tend to stress and crack which leads to fun explosive failures Ever seen an Ecotec intentionally blown up to prove GMs numbers wrong Local guy here did it with his motor after he swapped in his built motor...made it to 301HP on the dry shot before it went buh bye. needless to say that block is now toasted from a huge hole on the intake side of the #2 cylinder. #3 and #4 are scarred to @!#$ as well. Amazingly the #1 cylinder dont look too bad...other than that pesky hole in the piston...but the cylinder is fine.

I would also upgrade the pistons for said above reasons

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, August 11, 2005 12:46 PM
Sexy sexy! Eagle H-beams are calling my name............might as well give Wiseco a call too

I came across some cash flow hehe!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:55 PM
you know my AIM and MSN names...i can get both for you...you know you wanna help a brother get his 1% comission

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search