Handle with care! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Handle with care!
Friday, August 19, 2005 9:06 AM
Does this make sense (taken from another forum)

Quote:

With NOS however there are some rules you must obey and that were not mentioned to me when I drove away on the day my engine turned into a an explosive device.

1. Do not open the throttle from low revs with GAS.

2. Do not use in high gear i.e 5th up a hill with GAS.

3. If you open the throttle with GAS and close throttle and the progressive controller reset button is switched to off if you open throttle again without waiting 20 seconds the gas will come in at 100% and then its goodnight Vienna.

Power Curve

Re: Handle with care!
Friday, August 19, 2005 11:37 AM
Yea sounds like he got pretty excited with the nitrous and tried to use it at odd times!!!! If you respect it, it shouldn't do you wrong. But if you abuse it, well, ask him........

[But to put his words in context]

1. Don't spray under 3000rpm

2. Don't spray in a lower gear (i.e 4th-5th gears and possibly 3rd in some cases) while going up hill.....(that was dumb to do anyway! Your engine is stressing out trying to tug you up a nice grade, then you put more of a load on its back with nitrous, tard)

3. Let's say you're running a 150 shot but you don't want it to spray a constant 150 at all times/in all gears. You use the progressive controller to spray maybe 35 in 1st, 75 in 2nd, 125 in 3rd, and 4th on, all at 150. He was saying without the reset button on, which would tell the controller to start over with the 35shot and progress up, if you spray then let off the gas then get on the gas again without the controller being able to reset itself, it'll spray in the full 150 instead of the progressive 35-75-125-150......thus putting too much of a load onto your engine at the wrong time, which in turn may cause your engine to detonate!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search