Question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question
Monday, August 22, 2005 5:53 PM
i have a good deal on a zex dry kit. need to know if its a good idea to run it with my jbp stage 2 cams and an automatic tranny

14.728 @ 92.14 (65 shot)

Re: Question
Monday, August 22, 2005 6:29 PM
You're fine! Only reason why people suggest getting a cam with a nitrous grind is because they make the cam to engage at a time that would be beneficial to a nitrous shot so its a huge increase of power!

In question to your tranny, its also fine. Only thing I would recommend is some type of RPM shut off module or a nitrous rpm switch so while you're spraying @ wide open throttle through the gears the rapid amount of power going through the tranny won't cause it to over-rev, if that makes any sense!

Also would be beneficial to if you take it up close to the speed limiter/fuel cut. If you're spraying up to that point and the fuel is cut and you're still at WOT, it'll just inject nitrous and cause huge problems......

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:32 PM
thanks

14.728 @ 92.14 (65 shot)
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 12:41 AM
nathan121, I would just be worried about supplying extra fuel. I would invest in a fuel pump and/or an Piggy back fuel management system to throw more fuel in. When you have a wet shot...it's not an issue.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:37 AM
Yes definately Check your fuel pressure, or even better get a gauge to keep a check on it.

This coming from a zex dy kit owner on his 2nd engine...

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Monday, September 26, 2005 12:09 PM
Upgrading the Fuel Pump for a dry kit (on a 65 shot let's say) sounds fine so that you don't run lean...but what about fuel pooling in the intake manifold? Does supplying more fuel up the chance of blowing the intake out?

Or does upgrading the fuel pump simply mean that you're sure that you're supplying enough fuel and everything then relies on your FPR's ability to do it's job right?

I change my fuel filter and have my injectors purged every 50,000kms, so I know my fuel dilevery is not a problem. But I really want more peace of mind so I was thinking of upgrading teh fuel pump and installing an aftermarket adjustable FPR. What about Injectors? would it be wise to upgrade those as well?

J-Body Club of Ontario / Messageboard / My Cardomain

'01 Cavalier~2200SFI~4-Speed Automatic - 17.377sec @ 76.843mph (1/4)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search