Possible just to have a purge without nos hookup?? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Possible just to have a purge without nos hookup??
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:43 PM
i was wondering if its possible just to have no2 with a purge i kjust like how it looks hooked up by the wipers. is it possible for me to hook it up where it just purge's without haveing the actual nos hooked up ect?? or what i haave no idea i just like the way it looks.

Re: Possible just to have a purge without nos hook
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 11:16 PM
yep, just mount a nitrous bottle wherever you want, run a feed line to the inlet of the purge soleniod, and the other end of the purge soleniod you will put the purge line and hte othere end of that lline will go where you want the cloud to comeout at, as far as wiring, you need a momentary switch, run a wire from a switched power source (with a fuse) to the switch, then anohter wire connects one of hte wires from the solenioid to the switch, then the other wire on the solenoid gets grounded to a chassis ground......then purge all you want.........but i suggest using co2 instead of nitrous. it will look the same and be a ton cheaper

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:30 AM
ok so can someone point me in a direction perhaps ebay? can someone send a link of what i need i obviously dont need anything too great since im not even using it thanx wheres the best place to mount a bottle? i got subs in the trunk

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:23 AM
ok, you need
1. purge solenoid (check ebay)
2. input and output fitting for said solenoid, (bring solenoid and hoses to hardware store and check plumbing section)
3. steel braided hose from bottle to solenoid, must be high pressure withstanding (online, probably ebay)
4. steel braided or metal solid line from solenoid to vent, for the purge cloud (ebay or hardware store)
5. inline fuse holder (autozone)
6. momentary push button (radioshack)
7. wire, 16 gauge (autozone)
8. connectors, crimpers, tape (autozone)
9. nitrous bottle and brackets, 5 lb or less is great, don't need to buy a 10lb bottle (ebay)

and that shoulc cover everything you need

Hail Satan

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:10 PM
is there not a whole kit i can buy? im not gonna spend over 100.0 on this since i dont use it anyway

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:29 PM
i cant find really a 5lb bottle anyway.. how many times will i be able to hit it on a 5lb bottle anyway? i guess just the bottle is like 100.00 so a little more i guess but oh well

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:42 PM
well its only going to make that cloud when you have n20 in the bottle so those are going to be some expensive purges and you can get a few depending on how long you purge, your not supposed to purge longer then 10 sec though cause you can burn up the solenoid

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:42 PM
a purge kit will cost you about 120 bucks, and you wil still need a bottle and feed line becasue a purge kit is supposed to be an addon to a nitrous kit, not a standalone, your looking to spend about 200 bucks if you want to do this

lets see what i find

2.5 pound bottle 100 bucks
purge solenoid 60 bucks
feed line from bottle to solenoid 20 bucks
brackets for bottle 25 bucks
misc other stuff...25 bucks

so your looking at least at 230 bucks

or im looking at kits on ebay, you could spend about 70 to 100 more and get a real nitrous kit, and a purge solenoid, so you have the go with show

Hail Satan

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 4:37 PM
Just go buy a really big paintball co2 tank like the 24 oz. one or something, hook up a solenoid, run a tube up to the wipers and there ya go...fake purge.

Gotta love the two-toner.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:26 PM
but how would you turn it on and off? it needs a valve. can you just buy one of those

Hail Satan

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:03 PM
hmm.. Maybe it's because I'm a V8 guy... but this sounds really ricey to me? Kinda poserish don't ya think?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:06 PM
personally i think so too, but if he wants it, all i can offer is help on how to do it

Hail Satan

Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:27 AM
I don't see why people HAVE to use nitrous? I would not be spraying a gas that costs $3.18/lb to look cool! Seriously I'd settle with a ghey smoke show thingy they use at the skating rink or something. Or better yet, get a Fire Extingisher, run a line from it to outside the car and spray it all day haha! W/e

But for what you need, everything's already listed, and for the idea I'm totally cool with it, just don't see why the expensive product.....

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:37 AM
i think it just looks bad ass.. especially whe it comes form the wheel wells or somehing. say i got like a 2.5lb bottle.. which ive never seen.. but how many times do you think i could purge saying i hold the button for 2 sec a time??

Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:43 AM
OP wrote:hmm.. Maybe it's because I'm a V8 guy... but this sounds really ricey to me? Kinda poserish don't ya think?

do you know which website your on? i know and im one of the couple that know difference between ricey n clean.. graphics and wings r rice i dont think wut i want to do is ricey at all since ive always been more towards show then go.. i know i could hook it up next to nothing when i buy all the stuff to purge but i dont want to i dont go to tracks and id probably mess something up.. anyway "v8 guy" 1/4 of the cars on the site r probably quicker then ur v8.. I dont think 3.18lb is much anyway considering a 5lb bottle should last awhile if i only tap it here and there.. a gallon of gas is 3.18 and i go thru that just on the way to the next gas station lol

for those who care.. i wish someone could help me more in depth i realy have no idea what im doing but like everything else and with the hellp of this site im sure ill figure it out.. so what exactly do i need for electrical??

a bottle
some hoses
switch?
what do i hook up the switch to i take it theres somethingon the valve ect? how much electrical is even involved? Thanks for your help guys

Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:33 AM
not much electrical is involved. heres the full install, now, mind you im pulling this all from my head, so bear with me.

drill the holes throught the car where you want the bottle........i found that the floorpan right behind the drivers seat works awsome, especially for a small botttle like a 5 pound

bolt in the brackets for the bottle using the holes you just drilled

drill another hole for the main feed line to run through to get to the solenoid

mount the full nitrous bottle in the brackets

run the nitrous line underneath the car on the drivers side, ziptie it to the brake lines, theyre strong enough to hold theline out fo the way

mount solenoid where you can fit it

run a hose from the "out" side of the pruge solenoid to wherever you want the purge cloud to appear

hook the main feed line to the bottle and to the "in" side of the solenid

ok, now plumbing is done, on to wiring

this is a breakdown of a wiring diagarm that will work for this application

battery----inline fuse holder-------------pushbutton switch-----------------solenoid (thats the power line)

solenioid-----------------chassis ground (ground line)

that should cover the install, anymore questions, post away

Hail Satan

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:23 AM
To tell the god to honest truth you don't need any of that..........

All you need is a 2.5lb bottle and a nitrous line routed to where you want it to exit. Open the bottle slightly by hand and watch it shoot out. Most you'd spend is $120 for everything and that's if its all brand new (which it doesn't have to be at all)

This place has kickarse deals on bottles, compared to NX/NOS/ZEX

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/bottles.html

Grab the 14ft line

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/lines.html

Or look at this super deal on a purge kit!!!!!!!!

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/purgekits.html

Of course with this you'd need to do all the wiring, mounting, and still need to buy a bottle

Well that's it, with the info posted right above I wouldn't know what else to tell ya......hope that helps!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, September 01, 2005 12:25 PM
thats very true, i didn't think of that at all

yeah just mount a bottle then run the feed line to hte fender and open the bottle to purge

Hail Satan

Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:57 PM
Dude.. you need to relax... Don't get all offended. I just don't see how this is any different then those guys with fake BOV's... or hood scoops with no scoop... or anything else that makes a car look fast when it isn't.
I love J-bodies, but I highly doubt a quarter of the cars here are faster then my V8...
It's your car, do what you want, just giving you a heads up that a lot of people are going to judge you on this mod.
Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:27 PM
Ahh.. as much as I disagree with you dude, I just thought of something and thought I might as well post it.
What about CO2? If all you're going to do is spray why not just rig it up like juice and then spray out some CO2? That @!#$ is cheap.... and its for the show right... plus its an inert gas.
Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:00 PM
yep, thats a very good idea, nobody would know the difference and it would be a ton cheaper

Hail Satan

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:27 PM
OP wrote:I love J-bodies, but I highly doubt a quarter of the cars here are faster then my V8...
It's your car, do what you want, just giving you a heads up that a lot of people are going to judge you on this mod.

I dunno a few of the j bodies on this site are pretty damn fast... whats your V8 run?

but on topic... why would you want to misrepresent yourself?

its like... would you walk around in a full ninja uniform if you have no training in martial arts at all?

would you go into an operating room wearing scrubs to perform quadruple bypass heart surgery on someone without having a day of medical training?

if you want to look cool for about 30 seconds until you get dusted after purging your faux nitrous system then go right ahead... whatever floats your boat

...but this is utterly retarded... if you're going to blow like $300 on a purge system why not go another $300 in and get the actual balls to back it up?

this type of "ricer" mod only begets more "ricing"

"DUDE I BEAT A NAWZZZZ CAVY!!!!!"

way to make our already bad reputation even worse. The JBO salutes you.

I think this one ranks up there with the "turbo exhaust tip" and "leaf blower supercharger"

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:32 PM
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote:
OP wrote:I love J-bodies, but I highly doubt a quarter of the cars here are faster then my V8...

I dunno a few of the j bodies on this site are pretty damn fast... whats your V8 run?

but on topic... why would you want to misrepresent yourself?

its like... would you walk around in a full ninja uniform if you have no training in martial arts at all?

would you go into an operating room wearing scrubs to perform quadruple bypass heart surgery on someone without having a day of medical training?

if you want to look cool for about 30 seconds until you get dusted after purging your faux nitrous system then go right ahead... whatever floats your boat

...but this is utterly retarded... if you're going to blow like $300 on a purge system why not go another $300 in and get the actual balls to back it up?

this type of "ricer" mod only begets more "ricing"

"DUDE I BEAT A NAWZZZZ CAVY!!!!!"

way to make our already bad reputation even worse. The JBO salutes you.

I think this one ranks up there with the "turbo exhaust tip" and "leaf blower supercharger"

Gotta agree with that one fellas, Its a very poser thing to do just like a fake BOV or superchager sound. Wonder the individual that invented the purge to clear n20 lines thats more interested in how it looked?

Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:51 PM
well either way i would want a button.. i dont want to open the bottle..lol so can a nos bbottle be filled with co2? or where do i get a co2 bottle ect?

Friday, September 02, 2005 8:42 AM
a paintball store will have a co2 bottle, and youd need a handvalve for it, not sure where to get one of those.....mabey a paintball store could help you with that

and technically a n20 bottle can be filled with co2 but i don't think a filler station will fill a bottle with a gas that the bottle is not made for

Hail Satan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search