Zex kit question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Zex kit question
Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:44 PM
I'm looking at getting a Zex kit and wondering if there is anything else that i would need.
Here is what i am getting

4177 TR6 DOMESTIC PLUG
82021 ZEX WET NITRO SYS.55-75HP
82006 NITROUS BOTTLE HEATER
82010 NITROUS PURGE KIT
82005 ZEX NITROUS GAUGE

I know i need a WOT switch but would the zex kit cover that? also how hard would this be to install myself? This is the first time running juice.

Thanks

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site

Re: Zex kit question
Friday, September 16, 2005 12:09 AM
For instructions on installations for basic nitrous kits...check here:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/stage1.pdf

I know that the Zex and NX kit are different in controls so I would ask some people about the wiring part about it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, September 16, 2005 5:20 AM
also where is the best place that you guys found to mount the purge and activation switches? I searched and didn't find anything on this.

Thanks again.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Friday, September 16, 2005 5:51 AM
The zex kit unless you plan on buying it used but uses a wire to tap onto the Thottle Position Sensor Wire.( WOT Switch, It is the blue one on my 2200, Not sure about the ecos)

Not to hard to install. I have a Dry Kit. The wet should not be that much harder to install. Especially on the Ecotec motor. I believe that have a Schraeder valve or whatever to tap onto for the fuel. (I believe or maybe that is to just put a gauge).

BballJamal I running the juice and I also believe he has hooked up a few on Eco's I am sure he will respond..

I mounted my purge beside the dimmer switch and the wot switch above the power window switches..

Good Luck.........

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:17 AM
Riki Knight wrote:I'm looking at getting a Zex kit and wondering if there is anything else that i would need.
Here is what i am getting

4177 TR6 DOMESTIC PLUG
82021 ZEX WET NITRO SYS.55-75HP
82006 NITROUS BOTTLE HEATER
82010 NITROUS PURGE KIT
82005 ZEX NITROUS GAUGE

I know i need a WOT switch but would the zex kit cover that? also how hard would this be to install myself? This is the first time running juice.

Thanks

Email us if you would like, we can give you a quote on all those products.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, September 19, 2005 2:48 AM
As far as the Zex pressure gauge goes, out of three of us, all of the gauges leak. Not a problem with the manifold, as much as the gauge itself seems to leak.

Don't know if anyone else had the same problem, but perhaps consider a nitrous pressure gauge from someone else.

Or maybe we all got bad one's and yours will be fine, but 3 out of 3 seems odd......
Monday, September 19, 2005 4:49 PM
I'll post up a little write up I've been doing over the last couple days in here, only the eco install part so you can see some examples.......

Where to tap fuel for Eco?

Steps:

1. Unscrew green/black cap
2. Pop out valve
3. Screw on braided line(from fuel solenoid) provided with nitrous kit

Quote:

The zex kit unless you plan on buying it used but uses a wire to tap onto the Thottle Position Sensor Wire.( WOT Switch, It is the blue one on my 2200, Not sure about the ecos)

Should be the same on the Eco also!

599 wrote:As far as the Zex pressure gauge goes, out of three of us, all of the gauges leak. Not a problem with the manifold, as much as the gauge itself seems to leak.

Don't know if anyone else had the same problem, but perhaps consider a nitrous pressure gauge from someone else.

Or maybe we all got bad one's and yours will be fine, but 3 out of 3 seems odd......

haha, same happened here with a NOS and NX brand pressure gauge, then i just titghtened the thing till it seemed like it was gunna break and it stopped leaking....soon after I ran out of nitrous which i found rather strange as I heard no leaking like before and I don't know if that was because i was spraying like crazy again, or if it was a silent leak still coming from the pressure gauge?????

Riki Knight wrote:also where is the best place that you guys found to mount the purge and activation switches? I searched and didn't find anything on this.

Thanks again.

Switches work well by your interior light's dimmer roll switch, where our power windows switches on the middle console (you can easily go to a junkyard and swap the pieces out if you don't have power windows), under the dash to the left of the steering wheel, or on the side of the middle console right in front of the cup holders!

And as for your solenoid placement, it seems everyone is putting them in the same place for an Eco engine....here's 2-3pics to look at.....blue engine bay is Fatalic Cavi's car and red engine bay is 03 Ls Sports install....

This is Fatalic Cavi's install

And 03 Ls Sports

Soooo I hope everything goes well for you and i'm sure you'll love Da Ju1ce!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, September 19, 2005 5:08 PM
wets harder than dry. if you need help email me at cavalierowner22@hotmail.com.
i suggest having a friend that knows what they are doing on a cavalier do it for you. if not email me.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Monday, September 19, 2005 5:46 PM
Bottle fed Sleeper wrote:wets harder than dry. if you need help email me at cavalierowner22@hotmail.com.
i suggest having a friend that knows what they are doing on a cavalier do it for you. if not email me.

You mean install wise or what? Wet may be harder, but it pays off for a beginner or for someone who doesn't want to drop a good bit of money into upgrading his fuel system just to have some reassurance of not blowing his motor because of poor fuel delivery....

With a wet, all it is, is basically install, plugs, and a MSD Ignition box which is good up to a 100shot.....

To run 100 dry......install,plugs,fuel pump, FPSS, slightly larger injectors, and you'll still have to grab an MSD....

Also the Zex wet is about the easiest nitrous kit to install and in some ways the safest but I wouldn't want it.....I rather see all the lines of my NX kit so if something goes wrong I can figure it out easy.....I can install the different gauges wherever I want, route things how I want, I dunno I'm weird or something. All I know is now that I'm done with installing it I feel better that I got a more complex system only because it helped me learn a tad bit more about my car and I have/know more ways to tune it now.......

Just a preference thing

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:55 AM
okay thanks for all the info. another question... should i use teflon tape on all of the threaded connections?

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:27 PM
do NOT use teflon tape. it can fall apart and the pieces will get into your lines and mess @!#$ up. if u wish to use teflon, use the liquid teflon and use it SPARINGLY.

correction to bballjamal, do not use the green cap for your fuel. that is a vacuum test port for the EVAP system. however he does have the correct location circled in the picture.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:04 PM
kk. thanks. seems like a dumb question but i told y'all i was a noob at N2O

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:43 PM
Quote:

correction to bballjamal, do not use the green cap for your fuel. that is a vacuum test port for the EVAP system. however he does have the correct location circled in the picture.

Hey thanks, what color is it? Guessing black then?

Teflon tape wouldn't be bad if people knew how to use it, they usually put on way too much and the little bits hanging off the ends, get in the lines, clogging your jets or destroying your solenoids......safest way is that red liquid provided by the company (you can find it at home depot or lowes, just ask them for liquid thread sealer)....

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:05 PM
where is the Throttle Position sensor cable located on the eco? Does the nozzle have to go between the TB and the O2 sensor? And lastly how do you pop off the valve in the fuel tap?

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:42 AM
oh yea what is the best way to mount the bottle. I really dont want to drill through the trunk because im not sure if i will hit the gas tank or not.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:45 AM
yes its the black cap on the steel fuel line.

the TPS is on the side of the throttle body. you want to tap the blue wire.

you will not hit the gas tank by drilling through the trunk. not even close. the gas tank is under the backseat

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 5:50 AM
forgot to mention...

the valve for the fuel tap (shrader valve) is the same valve that is used in the tires. go to autozone and buy a 99cent valve stem tool. looks like a + it just screws out with threads.

there is no o2 sensor in your intake. that sensor is the intake air temperature sensor, and yes the nozzle goes between that and your throttle body, about 6" away from the throttle body

Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:44 AM
For starters you might want o just throw it right behind your drivers seat until you can get an automatic bottle opener! I like it better behind the seat anyway because I can keep tabs on the tank pressure and obviously I can easily open it when the unsuspecting "racer" rolls up on me. Haha I'll probably keep this same kit and install it on every car I get in the future......

I can see me now 75yrs old, spraying nitrous into some jet powered car of tomorrow....

Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:14 AM
thanks for all the help guys. I got the kit yesterday and started to install it after work. coming along slowly because i got to help my friend install a header and cat back in his accord. and i am still working on making a switch pannel in the center consel for all the switches.

As for the bottle i have no problem putting it in the trunk. I dont plan on racing on the street or using it what so ever on the streets. But i will look into getting a remote opener.

One last question... Does anyone know where i can get a push button switch with a hard plastic cover on it so you cannot press the button without fliping the cover up?

I will post picts of the finished product as soon as i get it all done if you like.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:16 AM
sorry one more question... can I use the bolt that the neg terminal is connected to as a ground for the controller?

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:37 AM
Never mind i just looked in the haynes and it is a true ground.

~Riki

Car Domain Site

Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:18 AM
One last question... Does anyone know where i can get a push button switch with a hard plastic cover on it so you cannot press the button without fliping the cover up?

I do not believe I have ever saw any at the local parts stores. What is this going to be used for???

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:30 AM
its a simple racing switch. autozone and most other stores have them.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:10 PM
I checked autozone last night they didnt have it. I got to go there tonight to find a exaust header flange for my friends car so ill check again. It is going to be used for the purge button so that i can put it with my other switches and not accidently press it.

~Riki

Car Domain Site
Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:49 PM
I've never seen an actual PUSH button but a flip up swith with a flip up covering over it I have seen!

Basically look like this!

Never seen a modle that you can actually push?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search