installed venom kit, engine light and sputtering.. - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
installed venom kit, engine light and sputtering..
Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:05 PM
hey guys i installed my venon vcn-1000 computerized kit tonight and everythings double checked and for some reason when i hit the on switch for the n02 and then full throttle my car it spits and sputters, i tryed from 30mph stomps and from 50mph stomps as well, now the check engine light came on after about 6 trys. The nozzle is said to be only a 40 shot of n02 and the manual says the switch will light up if the shot is too much for the engine and leans it out but i didnt see that so what could be wrong guys? thanks

Re: installed venom kit, engine light and sputteri
Friday, September 09, 2005 12:01 AM
my friend had that happen to him, the bottle was upside down and the pick up tube int he bottle wasn't picking up nitrous, so he was flooding the car

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, September 09, 2005 1:08 PM
well my dad took it to his shop this morning and says the code its running is a misfire, so how can i fix this? do i have to regap the colder plugs (came with s/c) or get msd ignition?

Friday, September 09, 2005 4:15 PM
mikec2003 wrote:my friend had that happen to him, the bottle was upside down and the pick up tube int he bottle wasn't picking up nitrous, so he was flooding the car

I had the same problem, but backward. My bottle from Venom didn't have a pick up tube. I needed to mount my bottle upside down.

jsunfireGT2000

It sounds like your not getting enough nitrous into you engin.

Check and make sure that you getting liquid out of your bottle. If your not, you might have the same problem I do.

-Take you bottle out of your car and slowly open the valve until you hear the nitrous come out. If you don't see a cloud of nitrous pick up your bottle and turn it up-side down.

Let me know if this works

-Jeff-

If its worth doing its worth over doing.
Friday, September 09, 2005 4:32 PM
Just out of curisoity and concern did you change your plugs and if so whats the gap. If the gap is way to big the n20 can actually blow out the spark while it rushs in the cylinder.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 8:28 AM
blow out the spark!!! man thats rediculous. its not a candle. i've sprayed over 450 hp into a big block, it never blew the plug out, the plug fires at TDC minus a few degrees, theres nothing that will blow out the spark unless you foul the plug. if its sputtering or backfiring your "shooting ducks" meaning its rich, lean is "on the rag" lean is fast and finding that fine line is what makes a good nitrous tune-up. too lean and you'll burn the pistons.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search