Questions about Zex - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions about Zex
Friday, September 16, 2005 10:57 AM
First off I would like to say that I sucessfully dynoed my car at 170 hp and 228 ft/lbs torque yesterday with a 75 hp shot! (almost emtpy bottle and base line 109 hp & 128 ft/lbs) so the hp falls a little short, but I am very happy with the torque! GO 2200!

Ok now I have a few questions. What does Zex rate their bottle pressure at for their hp shot sizes? ex. 55 hp, 65 hp, 75 hp.

And does anyone have a listing for the pill numbers to their hp rating?
ex. I think that the 55 shot is a 35 and the 75 is a 38, but what are all of the others?

Next I need to do some ignition mods so I can buy or make a larger shot!
^ any comments or suggestions would be helpful, except for things like "Why run nitrous on the 2.2?" or "Swap in an Eco/2.4" these are not appreciated because I enjoy being the underdog whos going to impress a few people.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport

Re: Questions about Zex
Friday, September 16, 2005 11:44 AM
Congrats Man.. Love the Sleeper Look....

I hope to have my car up to par soon...
I was under the assumption bottle pressure should be above 900 for just any shot. Does not matter how big of a shot.

Pill Chart

55HP 65HP 75hP
Nitrous Jet 32 35 38
Fuel Jet 36 34 32
Igntion Retard O 2 4

Hope this helps

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Friday, September 16, 2005 6:06 PM
Wow I like your name ....lol we both like to put the squeezzzzzz on our LN2s

Nice numbers man keep it up.

Jeff

Friday, September 16, 2005 8:55 PM
I would've expected your engine mods to make up for the low nitrous output. And yes, with low bottle pressure you were probably losing about 10-20% of that 75shot depending on where the pressure was at.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:54 AM
Daniel Boyd, thanks for the numbers, that will help allot!

pushrods, I went off of your name, after I read your profile a while ago. I hope you don't mind

I had bottle pressure at 900 PSI, but after some thinking I'm wondering if maybe I have some air in the bottle. So this brings me to another question. Do you bleed all of the pressure out of the bottle before you get it refilled? Because every time that you get it filled air would get forced into it with the filler hose and whatever other components are unpressurised in the fillers system, and since the liquid N2O stays at the bottom of the bottle the air would never get out right? I heard a statistic once that a bottle filled with compressed air would give about 50% hp of the specified shot, so with an empty enough bottle and enough air in it it could deliver a mixture of air and nitrous, right?

^^ Most of these things I have been just thinking about, and are not sure if they are true. Please help point me in the right direction, Thanks again.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:40 AM
Maybe try getting a purge.. Most LN2's with good times have head mods so I would suggest working on that next. I know how school can hurt those funds though. But that seems to be were our motors potential lies. Plan on that being my next mod.

If you need any stock parts hit me up with an e-mail? Local Junkyard nearby has all kinds of J's..........

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:26 PM
Jr. Push I could give two squirts about the name thing man. Got any bigger plans for the juice? when funds are redily avaliable?

Sunday, September 18, 2005 12:38 PM
My plans are to do some major head work with the spare head I have sitting in the garage from my original engine. I plan on 7:1 full roller rocker conversion or maybe bigger, chrome molly Pushrods, upgrade lifters (if possible), port and polish, oversize vales, and springs to match. I also plan on sending in my spare cam into Crane Cams for a regrind, probably a nitrous/turbo grind. Because after I'm out of college I'll have enough money to turbo it (no expense spared), and run the spray at the same time, I'll be looking for close to 300 hp at this point. From there it will be tuning and cranking up the boost, I'm hoping to hit 500 hp! and still keep it street-able.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Sunday, September 18, 2005 1:40 PM
Pushrods & Nitrous! wrote:Daniel Boyd, thanks for the numbers, that will help allot!

pushrods, I went off of your name, after I read your profile a while ago. I hope you don't mind

I had bottle pressure at 900 PSI, but after some thinking I'm wondering if maybe I have some air in the bottle. So this brings me to another question. Do you bleed all of the pressure out of the bottle before you get it refilled? Because every time that you get it filled air would get forced into it with the filler hose and whatever other components are unpressurised in the fillers system, and since the liquid N2O stays at the bottom of the bottle the air would never get out right? I heard a statistic once that a bottle filled with compressed air would give about 50% hp of the specified shot, so with an empty enough bottle and enough air in it it could deliver a mixture of air and nitrous, right?

^^ Most of these things I have been just thinking about, and are not sure if they are true. Please help point me in the right direction, Thanks again.

900 is usually where I'm at whenever I spray and through a nitrous flow meter or whatever that device was, my system sprayed the correct numbers(think they measured temp change, pressure into the TB, and something else?) to put down an even 73hp on the 75shot. It seems alittle weird for you not to be putting down more, I haven't seen yet but are you running auto? I don't think you are.....

If you can, seafoam your engine and see if that opens her up a bit more, get an oil change, and maybe after that your engine may come back with a little more punch....

Also air can easily get into your bottle everytime its filled and the mistake with a good number of N2o users is that they fill the bottle when it still has little bits of nitrous in it. So in essence the air inside your tank can build upon itself and never blow out the bottle giving you contaminated nitrous (which can blow your engine). Everytime I refill I drain the bottle down to nothing, leave it in the heat, then open it again and let whatever else is inside blow out. Then get a fresh new 10.3lbs of good nitrous.

Daniel Boyd wrote:Maybe try getting a purge.. Most LN2's with good times have head mods so I would suggest working on that next. I know how school can hurt those funds though. But that seems to be were our motors potential lies. Plan on that being my next mod.

Yes the2.2's head, cam, and exhaust system are the biggest killers on power output, and as others know cooling is the ultimate problem the 2.2 will run into.......

If you want to port a head, save some money, learn a ton, and possibly be able to make a good bit of cash on the side by porting others heads....check this site out Here. It was first brought to my attention by Event, and I've been passing it around to a few people who have benefited from it. You can buy the DIY porting deluxe kit at Summit racing I believe for pretty cheap. (under $300?) and then get a multiangle valve job for another $200 after you've done all your own porting and you could expect a good 10hp to possible 20hp depending on what mods you have done. Good luck!

Sunday, September 18, 2005 1:44 PM
my sig is acting gheyyyyy

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:19 PM
the general standard for n2o bottle pressure is 900 psi. going over 1000 psi risks blowing out the pressure safety disc in the bottle, and losing all the n2o.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:21 PM
damn no EDIT button...
i neglected to say that 900psi is the general test standard for the hp shots. whether zex adheres to this, i dont know. however my zex bottle heater kept the bottle at a constant 900 psi.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search