what to do to a 2.2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what to do to a 2.2
Friday, September 09, 2005 3:31 AM
I am working on a 2.2 ohv and I am getting a p&p head, full 2.25 exhaust, 4-2-1 header, intake, roller rockers, and a pulley. What else should I do or not do so that the motor can handle nitrous? I dont want a big shot, prob. like a 50 or smaller if they have it. Also it would only be used once in a while. the motor has a little over 150,000 miles on it, but runs good. BTW its an auto. Thanks for the help and patience

Re: what to do to a 2.2
Friday, September 09, 2005 5:11 AM
a step colder plugs. most ppl here use NGK TR6 or Autolite 103
and 93 octane gas

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, September 09, 2005 7:39 AM
You should be fine on that small of a shot. If you really want it to handle get good internals. A pulley is not going to help the motor handle Nitrous. You need to also keep a check on fuel pressure..

Bballjamal is running a seventy-five on his 2200. With no problems at all.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Friday, September 09, 2005 12:40 PM
Im also running a 75 shot of ZEX. I just havethe plugs and 93 octane. Had it on there for a year and a half.... no problems... Mines also a 97 2.2 cavy

vrooooom
Friday, September 09, 2005 4:34 PM
you say 35 shot now but after about a week I bet you post, "Whats the maximum shot for a 2.2 ohv?" lol, but no for that size shot your more then safe with plugs, 93 and a heavy foot

Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:48 AM
Thanks guys, yeah I bet after the first time I will be addicted and want more, but I REALLY dont want to blow my girlfriends motor. LOL Just in case I cant control myself what is the biggest shot I could do that would be safe for the motor still?
Saturday, September 10, 2005 10:15 AM
50 shot. you might be bale to push it to 75

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, September 11, 2005 7:59 PM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:you say 35 shot now but after about a week I bet you post, "Whats the maximum shot for a 2.2 ohv?" lol, but no for that size shot your more then safe with plugs, 93 and a heavy foot

Listen to this guy^^ he speaks the truth. I love my bottle....

Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:10 PM
Daniel Boyd wrote:You should be fine on that small of a shot. If you really want it to handle get good internals. A pulley is not going to help the motor handle Nitrous. You need to also keep a check on fuel pressure..

I gave it two tries at 100 on 93 and it took it. I'm too afraid to keep it there though. What a jump from 75 though. 1st gear is wayyy too short, 2nd gear pulls really hard, 3rd is the same, and that's where I let off.

But a 50shot will keep you satisfied for awhile until you race a descent car and keep with it, then you'll want to up it to 75 to try again, then more, then more, then BOOM haha! But have fun and all you need are colder and plugs (ngk or autolites as previously mentioned) and premo gas.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:59 PM
hey man.. i have a 2 sets of new tr6's left if your interested... im selling my cav so i wont be needing them anymore...let me know if your interested cuz i would just like to get rid of them...

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $65 plus shipping
e-mail for more info
Monday, September 12, 2005 8:02 AM

Monday, September 12, 2005 12:57 PM
how much for a set?
Monday, September 12, 2005 4:51 PM
eh... say.. $10 a set.. but i would have no problem for $7 a set.. just email me where you want them sent and ill tell you how much.. thanks man.,..

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
e-mail for more info
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:54 PM
I would need them shipped to 48506. Are they new?
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:43 AM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:
Daniel Boyd wrote:You should be fine on that small of a shot. If you really want it to handle get good internals. A pulley is not going to help the motor handle Nitrous. You need to also keep a check on fuel pressure..

I gave it two tries at 100 on 93 and it took it. I'm too afraid to keep it there though. What a jump from 75 though. 1st gear is wayyy too short, 2nd gear pulls really hard, 3rd is the same, and that's where I let off.

But a 50shot will keep you satisfied for awhile until you race a descent car and keep with it, then you'll want to up it to 75 to try again, then more, then more, then BOOM haha! But have fun and all you need are colder and plugs (ngk or autolites as previously mentioned) and premo gas.

Bball-Even think of getting a progressive controler so you can spray more? The thought has crossed my mind quite a few times. But I think I'm going to hold off to spring I have other projects I need to finish

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 2:44 PM
yes they are brand new.. if you want them just e-mail me.. forget writing here since this isnt an open selling form

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
e-mail for more info
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:11 PM
pushrods wrote:
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:

Bball-Even think of getting a progressive controler so you can spray more? The thought has crossed my mind quite a few times. But I think I'm going to hold off to spring I have other projects I need to finish

Well the progressive wouldn't let me spray more per say, it would let me gradually increase the shot throughout the different gear shifts though. I have a little write up for nitrous that's talking specifically about J's and nitrous that will be posted soon. It has what mods I would do for each shot/stg of nitrous, which I thought was pretty informative.....

You won't see me posting alot until next spring/summer also so I can really have the funds to get this nitrous build off the ground and running....

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:52 PM
^^ I hear ya. I thought about doing a write up as well but I'm lazy and I thought the ones they have were good enough. I might do wiring diagrams for all the safty switches though. i would draw them in ms paint. lol When spring comes I should have my programable dis 2 and hopefully I will be direct port 100shot with a progressive.

But I need to get my 86 coupe box rolling again. I got my new carb, Msd 6AL , Longtubes, roller rockers, and control arms sitting in my room. but I want to get a 177Weiand mini blower on it before the cav goes direct port. So I'll see how much i can save over winter to get things rolling. Otherwise the caprice will be on squeez as well.

Friday, September 16, 2005 8:56 PM
Sounds sick man, keep us updated on both projects, especially the oldschool cause that one sounds like its gunna be the shizz!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:46 PM
i have a 97 2.2 5 spd with 109,000 mi ive had a 50 shot on it for 3 years now with no problems. you should have no problems with it, everything posted above is true 93+ octane and plugs being the most important. ive always used sunoco 94.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search