Interested in Zex dry...few quick questions. - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interested in Zex dry...few quick questions.
Monday, September 26, 2005 9:53 AM
I've started reading in this section and I have a friend selling a Zex dry kit complete with gauge and purge which I'm very interested in.

Anywho... I will be doing the recommended mods to go along with my conservative 55 shot I plan on using.

Colder Plugs
Higher octane
and possibly the higher flowing GM fuel pump retrofit.

Now...my questions are....

I only intend to use the bottle at the track and Local Car shows. Otherwise it will be out of the car for daily driving.

With that being said. Will the colder plugs run well on regular 87 octane gas for daily driving?

Or would it be wiser to use regular plugs w/ 87 octane during daily driving and the switching to the colder plugs and filling the tank with 94 octane when going to the track?

J-Body Club of Ontario / Messageboard / My Cardomain

'01 Cavalier~2200SFI~4-Speed Automatic - 17.377sec @ 76.843mph (1/4)

Re: Interested in Zex dry...few quick questions.
Monday, September 26, 2005 10:53 AM
I run 2 stage colder and have had no problem with 87 octane while not on the juice.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Monday, September 26, 2005 11:04 AM
Pushrod, I see in your mod list that you have the Blazer Fuel pump. The swap was direct bolt-up? No issues with it?

I was thinking of doing this the right way and even though I want to un a conservative shot (55 or maybe 65...no more)...I was thinking of upgrading the fuel pump as well as getting an aftermarket FPR. I know this should really change "performance", but it should offer piece of mind. The last thing I want is to lean out.

Would higher flowing injectors benefit me as well?

Not to mention that I will be adding four gauges (fuel pressure, tank pressure, tank level, air/fuel) and possibly a Bottle warmer.

Anything else anyone might recommend?

Monday, September 26, 2005 11:06 AM
edit: It should read: "...shouldn't really change performance..."

Monday, September 26, 2005 3:15 PM
Well to help keep your kit as safe as possible I would recomend a fuel pressure saftey switch This way if your using your bottle and fuel pressure drops to low it kills the juice. also would recomend a window switch. If i find who i lent my nitrous book to I will post the authour and publisher. It had lots of good info and tells you all you would want to ever know about dry , wet , direct port, wiring , install, jets etc .

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:02 AM
The fuel pump was very easy, almost direct fit all you have to do is nip two little plastic pegs off as it is described here. It has been runing great for me and i know that it dosen't allow the fuel to lean out, it atcually runs a little rich (12.5:1)

Good luck in finding a FRP, an adjustable one is what i want and i have had no luck in finding anything.

As for the injectors there was a post around here somewhere to help with that, I'll try to find it l8r for u.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:58 AM
Pushrods & Nitrous! wrote:The fuel pump was very easy, almost direct fit all you have to do is nip two little plastic pegs off as it is described here. It has been runing great for me and i know that it dosen't allow the fuel to lean out, it atcually runs a little rich (12.5:1)

Good luck in finding a FRP, an adjustable one is what i want and i have had no luck in finding anything.

As for the injectors there was a post around here somewhere to help with that, I'll try to find it l8r for u.

Doesn't AEM have an adjustable FPR?

http://www.aempower.com/product_fuel.asp

If you have the stock fuel rail, you can use this in conjuction with it.

http://www.induction-dynamics.com/fpr_replacement.html

I know it says for 2.4 and Ecotec....but doesn't the 2200 use the same fpr? I haven't completely looked into that yet.

BUT

Unfortunately...my buddy sold his Zex kit to someone else...so I won't be juicing the Goblin...but...I still wanna upgrade my fuel system for Boost down the road.

Thanks for the link...very useful.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:16 AM
how much you looking to spend spiderman. ive got a kit for sale. zex dry with 20lb bottle. all the same stuff youd get new minus a vacuum line and 20lber instead of the normal 10lb.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Monday, October 03, 2005 8:07 AM
My little project is on hiatous(sp?) right now.

I'd only be looking to spend no more than 450$ canadian. I'd look for deals in canada though as I don't really want the hassle of shipping a nitrous kit through customs.

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:25 PM
You know that you don't "need" to take the bottle out of the car besides shows and tracks right? I mean you never know what kind of things you may encounter

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:13 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:You know that you don't "need" to take the bottle out of the car besides shows and tracks right? I mean you never know what kind of things you may encounter

I know. It's not like my car attracts enough attention for the cops to susepct that I have nitrous or anything...but I'd just feel safer doing my daily driving without the bottle.

Especially if I get in an accident or something, it could avoid alot of hassles by not having it in the trunk at the time.

Oh and I don't "encounter" much on these streets, lol. "Street Racing" isn't a big scene around here.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:51 PM
The name of t5he book i have is

How to install and use Nitrous Oxide for maximum horsepower by Joe Piepe

and the publisher wa SA automotive? I think my buddy still has the book he just called me on the phone and i asked.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:56 PM
here i found it on www.summitracing.com the part number is http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SAD%2DSA50&N=400217+301362&autoview=sku

later Jeff.

Friday, October 07, 2005 7:11 AM
Quote:

here i found it on www.summitracing.com the part number is http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=SAD%2DSA50&N=400217+301362&autoview=sku

Joe Pettitt also wrote one geared for sport compacts, it's pretty good. You can find it at half.com for pretty cheap.

half.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search