compression for nitrous? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
compression for nitrous?
Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:24 PM
I plan on building my 2.4 motor i been exspecting to do for over year now this winter. Anyway Im doing things right and strengthening both lower end and upper. I wanna run 100-150 shot of nitrous. I will be using a wet kit. When I build the motor what would be the best compression? 10:1? Thanks for info.

Re: compression for nitrous?
Monday, October 03, 2005 12:27 PM
I'm not sure if the 2.4 is exactly the same but for the eco the gm build book suggests stronger pistons but doesn't state anything about lowering the compression

Monday, October 03, 2005 4:16 PM
For N2o the higher CR the better the car will run, but you cant go to high or youll be putting race gas in it all the time. You can do this becasue the N2O has a cooling effect when its sprayed in and helps keep detonation down as long as the rest of the tune is right.

You will be fine with 10:1 CR. Just do the required timing retard and colder plugs and atleast the highest octane gas you can get at the pump.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.
+
That pretty much says it all.

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Sunday, October 09, 2005 5:01 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:I'm not sure if the 2.4 is exactly the same but for the eco the gm build book suggests stronger pistons but doesn't state anything about lowering the compression

Compression doesn't matter when it comes to nitrous...Boost, yes.

When working with a 100-150 shot, it's a must that you upgrade your pistons and more than likely, your rods as well. Besides motor work, the other biggest thing you're gonna have to deal with is matching fuel and getting the right ignition timing.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, October 09, 2005 6:00 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Fatalic CAVI wrote:I'm not sure if the 2.4 is exactly the same but for the eco the gm build book suggests stronger pistons but doesn't state anything about lowering the compression

Compression doesn't matter when it comes to nitrous...Boost, yes.

When working with a 100-150 shot, it's a must that you upgrade your pistons and more than likely, your rods as well. Besides motor work, the other biggest thing you're gonna have to deal with is matching fuel and getting the right ignition timing.

It matters but isn't neccesary like it is with higher boosting levels

Forged pistons at at stock CR are great for 100-150!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, October 09, 2005 6:32 PM
thanks for info guys. I will let you know how it turns out. This is a winter project. I just bought boat so it will take about 2 months get some cash. Thanks again.
Sunday, October 09, 2005 7:46 PM
SunfireGT wrote:thanks for info guys. I will let you know how it turns out. This is a winter project. I just bought boat so it will take about 2 months get some cash. Thanks again.

You're welcome and good luck.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search