dry shot on 97 2.2 sunfire - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dry shot on 97 2.2 sunfire
Monday, September 19, 2005 6:34 AM
I was wondering what you guys think about a dry shot on a 2.2. I can get a kit for pretty cheap from a friend and was wondering if it is going to be worth it. Probably only do 35 or 50 shot on the motor

Re: dry shot on 97 2.2 sunfire
Monday, September 19, 2005 4:12 PM
You'll be fine,

seafoam your engine so you know your fuel system gets cleaned out pretty well including the injectors and grab some colder plugs (NGK Tr6's or Autolite 103's)...

Only other thing I'd suggest is a better flowing fuel pump and i'd suggest you run the 50shot as you'll be more pleased and the motor will take it clean!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:49 PM
ive never been a big fan of dry shot systems. i just dont trust them. i like knowing the extra fuel is going to be there when im spraying.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:12 PM
If you use a fuel pressure safety switch and a "good" dry system that raises pressure automatically, you have nothing to worry about.

Upgrading your fuel pump isn't necessary--esp. if you have the safety switch. It's merely a good idea and/or preventative maintenance. The stock pump will handle the shot just fine. I've been spraying for 2+ years now--no issues.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 6:14 AM
thanks guys I might be getting a zex kit
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search