Anyone here running a big shot? 100+? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone here running a big shot? 100+?
Monday, October 24, 2005 12:50 PM
This stuff is addictive, I want more... on a 2200 that means bottom end work, but building engines is my hobby... shouldnt be hard.
Just wondering how many other people are running a triple digit shot of juice? Any times?

Re: Anyone here running a big shot? 100+?
Monday, October 24, 2005 12:58 PM
I ran 100 shot for a while, 5-speed eco with all the bolt on's, lots of suspension, cam and nitrous on drag radials pulled a 13.08 @106 because I had to let off to avoid the governer, I wasn't expecting it to be that fast so I didn't disable it..... if there goverener was gone it would have gone easily into the 12's

Monday, October 24, 2005 1:58 PM
Nitro is running 100 shot. i think his best is 13.3

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, October 24, 2005 3:56 PM
I think jbodyho has a 2 stage thats over 100

Monday, October 24, 2005 4:48 PM
99redz24 wrote:Nitro is running 100 shot. i think his best is 13.3

And hopefully better this friday. Only made 4 passes ever on the 100 shot with DR's and now I have a header and larger TB.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:47 PM
ahh.. interesting, some very fast cars. Are most of you running staged or direct port stuff? Anyone running just a plane old wet shot?
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:04 PM
Mine was a regular NX Import EFI single fogger (single nozzle regular wet kit)

I believe Nitro uses a wet kit as well, I think he uses nitrous works?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:33 PM
Im plubing an Edelbrock Direct Port for my 2200 as we speak, series 2 nozzles, will be jetted for a 75 at first, but plan to up that to 125 once the built bottom end is in the car.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.
+
That pretty much says it all.

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:53 PM
Darkstars wrote:Mine was a regular NX Import EFI single fogger (single nozzle regular wet kit)

I believe Nitro uses a wet kit as well, I think he uses nitrous works?

Yepper, NW baby! Still didn't get to the track though, tranny woes.

Monday, October 31, 2005 11:38 AM
I plan on a 200 shot, direct port next year. Dont really know what to expect yet. I also have the 2.4L

http://www.saskjbody.org/
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/449879/1
Monday, October 31, 2005 4:31 PM
youd better have one hell if a built motor, lookin forward to seeing some times

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:54 AM
200 shot? holy crap... thats nuts man. Good luck
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:32 PM
200 shot is going to do much if you can't keep the tires from spinning. That would be sick if it all works.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:29 PM
Fire Fighter wrote:200 shot is going to do much if you can't keep the tires from spinning. That would be sick if it all works.

progressive controller...I would assume

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:07 AM
no offense but I'll believe it when I see it

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:37 AM
Well, the engine is completely built, and I will probably break things. But it will be a direct port system with all the good stuff. I am going to run beefier axles, and try it with slicks, and see how that goes. I probably wont run the 200 shot until later next year. Right now I am putting my control arms back in, beefed those up, and tranny mounts. I guess only time will tell what breaks first.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:58 PM
OHV notec wrote:
Fire Fighter wrote:200 shot is going to do much if you can't keep the tires from spinning. That would be sick if it all works.

progressive controller...I would assume

Even then I bet you would still have traction issues on the street or even the track with out drag slicks.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, November 04, 2005 7:05 PM
Chris Costella wrote:I plan on a 200 shot, direct port next year. Dont really know what to expect yet. I also have the 2.4L

200 shot for a 4 cyl = 400 shot in a V8.

You might want to make sure you've thought this exercise through.

Crank, rods, main caps, studs, headgasket, progressive controller, ignition, etc.

You'd be asking a lot out of anything that resembles a stock LD9 bottom end.
Monday, November 07, 2005 11:34 AM
I have thought this through.
Eagle rods, Venolia pistons, arp main, rod and head studs, cometic head gasket, 2.3l intake cam, 2.3l ho exhause cam, si stainless steal valves, ported head, 2.3l springs. Spec flywheel and clutch. 2.3l oil pump converson. I have rc 320cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, and the greddy emange. I am going to try to hit the 200 shot, but it will be hard, and I will probably need the slicks to get me there. So I will start with the 100 and work my way up. And it wont be something that I will be doing all the time, porbably just a few times at the track just to say I did it. But only time will tell, and how long my tranny holds up.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:20 AM
^^^ in Karo's racecar he had like 10 times the amoutn of work you listed above and he didn't even run a 200 shot.... liek I said I'll believe it when I see it

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:33 AM
Darkstars wrote:^^^ in Karo's racecar he had like 10 times the amoutn of work you listed above and he didn't even run a 200 shot.... liek I said I'll believe it when I see it

Because he can't get traction! I've asked him this a couple times! Why have such a built motor and run so little nitrous. He would only say,why run so much nitrous when I can't even get traction on so little nitrous! I'm pretty sure his motor can take it, just having other issues that need to be solved first!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:46 PM
Quote:

no offense but I'll believe it when I see it

^ what he said...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:02 PM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:
Darkstars wrote:^^^ in Karo's racecar he had like 10 times the amoutn of work you listed above and he didn't even run a 200 shot.... liek I said I'll believe it when I see it

Because he can't get traction! I've asked him this a couple times! Why have such a built motor and run so little nitrous. He would only say,why run so much nitrous when I can't even get traction on so little nitrous! I'm pretty sure his motor can take it, just having other issues that need to be solved first!

no traction in a racecar with custom made one of a kind suspension from Koni... made for HIM specifically, plus slicsk and everythign else suspension related.... if a car of that caliber can't put a 200 shot to use then I don't see a J with rods, pistons, a built head and a fuel system with slicks doing it

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:19 PM
make sure you vide tape it when you do it or don't even bother coming on the org saying you did

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:04 PM
Darkstars wrote:
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:

no traction in a racecar with custom made one of a kind suspension from Koni... made for HIM specifically, plus slicsk and everythign else suspension related.... if a car of that caliber can't put a 200 shot to use then I don't see a J with rods, pistons, a built head and a fuel system with slicks doing it

ding ding ding!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search