13bottles/ 3months later shes down 4 the count - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
13bottles/ 3months later shes down 4 the count
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:53 AM
Well boys This doesn't suprise me one bit, but i finally develpoed a rod knock. I didn't take every precaustion when using my setup and honestly I beleive the 2200 took the 75 shot extreamly well considering i had no retarded ignition timing. I just used the 92 fuel and 1 step colder plugs and my trusty window switch.

This is by no means a negitive post on nitrous. I still recomend it to most people. But this does force me to build my spare motor i will be getting for preperations for boost. I have had my fun on nitrous and will be moving on to new things. once my alternate motor is built and installed i will be spraying on it untill i get my turbo setup.

I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Jeff

Re: 13bottles/ 3months later shes down 4 the count
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:57 AM
Why not build it for juice? Wouldn't that be more economical? Other then that, a spun rod bearing is usually the result of preignition or detonation, a little timing retard may have saved that motor.
Good luck on your next project man.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:25 PM
OP wrote:Why not build it for juice? Wouldn't that be more economical? Other then that, a spun rod bearing is usually the result of preignition or detonation, a little timing retard may have saved that motor.
Good luck on your next project man.

lol The way i go through nitrous i would rather have boost as i dont have to refill it. Plus once i do build my motor I will be spraying on it untill i get all my turbo parts for the turbo install.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:35 PM
what was your best time with the 75 shot?

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.
+
That pretty much says it all.

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Friday, October 28, 2005 6:51 PM
HotRodV6 wrote:what was your best time with the 75 shot?

I don't know. The day the motor started knocking I was on my way to work to fill up on some 100 octane. After I took the 18's off the front and put the 14's on. I had planned on meeting up with some friends and going out to Greatlakes Dragway. I told myself I had to go befor the tracks closed for the season so i knew how fast i was but I guess I'll have to go in the spring.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search