going nitrous ... - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
going nitrous ...
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:22 AM
hey what up everyone . well i am in the process of building up a spare head for my 2001 2200 sunfire . now i am geting a nitrous kit for it and i will be running a 75 or 100 shot . whatever i feel like at the track . i know i am going to buy some eagle rods from car customs andd some pistons from jbp. my question is what do i need to get for the head?? i will be going with 1mm over valves from car customs and some performance springs from jbp as well with a port and polish and 5 angle valve job . i will have a rpm window switch set from 2000 rpms to 5500 rpms and a WOT switch also . would i be ok with a wet kit ( thats what my friend has to sell me ) or shouyld i go with direct port? i will get a set of sparkplugs 2 steps colder just to use when i go to the track . for everyday driving i will use regular spark plugs . but since i'm doing the build up on the motor first i just wanna know what all i should consider .. i wanna do things right the first time i do it . thanks for all the infor and coments yall leave.

Re: going nitrous ...
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:30 PM
1) I would never spray at 2000rpm. I would spray from 3000- til just before the redline.

2) You are going to switch plugs when you go to the track when you spray? What if you want/need to use it at other times?

3) Wet kit would be ok but with direct port you will have more room to move up.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:20 PM
ok so i would spray from 3000 till almopst redline .... i heard colder plugs make the car run kinda crappy.... please shed some light on this cause if it doesn't then i will just run with the right plugs for nitrous .
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:11 PM
i also heard colder plugs make the car lose some power. but nothing noticeable

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:24 PM
Might as well get a cam! The heavy duty springs would be stronger than your stock cam profile I would think!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Friday, November 04, 2005 8:09 AM
Just my two cents one of the most important parts I didn't see was a fuel saftey
cutoff switch and I like running my rpm window 3500rpm to 5800 rpm
with the no spray in 1st gear switch on real good if u don't have cash for two sets of tires a year
Friday, November 04, 2005 10:41 AM
well i got my kit in yesterday . its a zex wet shot kit for the 4 or 6 cylinder car. i have it layed out on my desk right now along with a set of ngk tr6 plugs . i went to the junk yard yesterday and picked up a firebird fuel pump and installed it ( after i checked the flow ) i have a rpm window switch and the wide open throttle switch . i wil probly get the fuel cut off to now that i hear bout it . everything is going on tonight . and me and my friend ( who owns his own shop r going to retart the timming 1 degree. i can't wait i gona run a 55 shot for tonight and see how my car takes it then i wil bump it to 75 . i have a friend in a mustang gt bone stock that wants to race as soon as i get it in so ... lol i can't wait . well i goin instal the bottle . i'll tell yallhow it goes later tonight or tommorow.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search