Install Question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Install Question
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 12:59 PM
I know some of you out there had it put on professionally. My question is how much did yall pay for the install of the wet kit? I want to make sure im not going to get ripped off bad. Like one place told me $550 hell thats more than i paid for the kit. One told me $300...is that still to high?

Re: Install Question
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:41 PM
i was qouted $600 by one place and 300 by another

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 6:35 PM
you think you're intelligent enough to use nitrous and you can't even install it yourself?????

i think you need to sit down and realize that you shouldn't be using nitrous

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:12 PM
Labor wise 300 is probably fair, that being said, like they said, you should be able to figure out how to hook it up if you are going to be using it, or atleast have a semi working knowdlege of how it works etc when you are running it.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:36 PM
I don't mean to come off as an ass but if you can install a headunit you should be able to install a nitrous kit. What would you do if something were to malfunction on you when using the kit, and you you don't know where to begin diagnosing? Are you going to go back later on and pay 65 an hour for the guys to find your problem? Would you know how many amps your solenoids draw when activated in your kit and will your electrical system handle the extra load / or if you added a second nitrous siliniod to make sure one doesn't stick open? Will you be able to find and clean out the nitrous filter on your main line, or wire in a rpm switch or an fpss later on when you decide to add one? My NOS kit came with awesome instructions and I'm assuming Edelbrock kits do as well after i installed one of their bottle heaters.

You should seriously take some time to research the back round and different ways you can set up a kit. Not only will it be beneficial ( By making it safer to run the juice, but it will help you understand how everything works ) to you but you would have saved the money you wasted on the install for other parts or bottle refills . If after reading up on installing and using your kit you can always ask us for help or just take the extra time to double or even triple check your work to make sure everything is installed correctly.
I would suggest reading the book in this link http://store.summitracing.com/ and put this part number in. ---->SAD-SA50 It costs like 20 dollars shipped but well worth it.

If you have any qustions at all don't hesitate to ask or email someone.
Good luck--
Jeff

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:53 PM
I dont remember ever saying i couldnt install it, i just asked what others had paid for it to be professionally installed. I know i could install it myself if i had the time to do it, but i dont.

Juiced, thanks for that book, i have already ordered it.
Thursday, November 03, 2005 9:16 PM
buzzinhornet wrote: I know i could install it myself if i had the time to do it, but i dont.

Juiced, thanks for that book, i have already ordered it.

I know what you mean I installed mine over the coarse of 3 days after work. On the first day I ran the nitrous line out the trunk and under the car following the fuel lines to the engine bay, mounted the bottle brackets and mounted my arming switch under my cd player. On the second day i wired up the relay and silinoids and the third day i doulble checked everything and hooked up my window switch.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress

Jeff

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search