Zeks help please - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Zeks help please
Friday, November 04, 2005 5:43 AM
Hello everyone, My buddy from school just picked up a Zeks wet kit for really cheap and wants me to install it this weekend. I have a dry kit on my Cobra but im not exactly sure what to do for the wet part of it and where to tap in on the Eco-tec motor. 4 bangers are all new to me. Does anyone also have a full runthrough of a nitrous install?? thanks

Re: Zeks help please
Friday, November 04, 2005 12:44 PM
If you've installed nitrous on your motor there shouldn't be any problems. Everytyhings a universal idea on the install except for where to tap for fuel and that answer can be found here!

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=39&i=11692&t=11692

Drill hole for nitrous nozzle and choose your jetting size.

I recommend for starters:

2200- 50 shot
Eco- 75 shot
Z24- 75 shot

That's if they know how to drive.

All the obvious braided line hook ups!

Bottle ----------> Nitrous solenoid
Nitrous Solenoid---------->Nitrous Nozzle/sprayer in intake (4-8inch from TB)
Connect fuel line on High pressure rail-------> Fuel solenoid
Fuel Solenoid-----------> Fuel Nozzle/sprayer in intake 94-8in from TB)

Connect Fuel and Nitrous solenoids negative and possitive wires in series. Neg to neg/ pos to pos. Then hook those into the relay.

Hook relay to switch......

Fit WOT switch to TB bracket so it triggers at WOT (obviously) and hook into relay.

run relay switch to cabin of car.....

Look over install! Test wires for good operation. Listen to solenoids click no more than twice w/o nitrous going through.

Then disconnect all the stainless braided lines and put the liquid sealer in and re-connect. Then get some tape or wire loom and conceal your nitrous install. All the pretty red and blue wires should be hidden. So on and so forth.

Head to local nitrous supplier and before getting nitrous put in make sure bottle is completely empty. Then get the bastard filled. Hook in and go spray!

Don't think I forgot anything. Sure someone will come in here and correct me if so.

You should also grab some NGK tr6 plugs and run premium oct. fuel. Only thing I really didn't discuss is wher to mount relay and solenoids but you should figure that much out yourself. Later!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, November 06, 2005 10:48 AM
hey, thanks , see. he was missing the line to go from the rail to the solenoid so thats where i was lost. What should i tap into for power? any reccomended spot? thanks
Sunday, November 06, 2005 12:56 PM
jason sikorski wrote:hey, thanks , see. he was missing the line to go from the rail to the solenoid so thats where i was lost. What should i tap into for power? any reccomended spot? thanks

Actually this screwed us up because tapping inside the car was too weak of a source. It would short the switch out and nothing would work.

Basically all we did was extend the wire and ran everything to the battery. Everything ground to the batt(-) everything power to the batt(+). Trying to remember what we did for the things calling for a switched 12volt eve though it may have been just that one switch.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 3:35 PM
On the Solenoid i have a Black Red and White wire, im assuming black is ground, red is power and white to the?? im confused on how it works. if i ground the black wire, and put the red wire to a switch in the car, then the other terminal on the switch to a power. Would this work becuase the once the switch is flipped then the nitrous would be spraying? The help would be much appreciated. thanks again ~jason
Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:57 PM
jason sikorski wrote:On the Solenoid i have a Black Red and White wire, im assuming black is ground, red is power and white to the?? im confused on how it works. if i ground the black wire, and put the red wire to a switch in the car, then the other terminal on the switch to a power. Would this work becuase the once the switch is flipped then the nitrous would be spraying? The help would be much appreciated. thanks again ~jason

Never saw a white wire!

I'll have to go downloads Zex's installation manual online and see what you're talking about. Have you done that or did a manual come with the kit?

If its a normal wet kit without a purge........

It should be one red and one black wire on each solenoid. (Nx solenoids are red and blue).

Red= Positive side of batt
Black = ground or negative side of batt

I'm really curious as to what this white wire is. All a solenoid is is a gate of sorts and when it gets its electrical feed from a switch it opens its gates and lets the nitrous/fuel through (whichever solenoid it may be)

And actually now that I think about it Zex has a box for it. I guess its sort of its own relay/comp in one that tell the nitrous when to spray and when to let fuel in.

The white wire may actually be the wire that taps into your Throttle Position Sensor located near the Throttle body. I also believe this is a white wire on the TB. That may be your answer but I'll do some checking before you go splicing.

ZEX INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-----> Click then Save (ADOBE ACROBAT READER NEEDED)

I don't have Adobe Acrobat so I can't look at it. I have a nice virus on my compter so I can't download the viewer either. Take a look for yourself and see if you can figure something out. If you can hit PRINT SCREEN on your computer while the file is open and get the picture online through Paint. Then I can show you from there.

Also about the switch.

The swtich should activate the purple box (just turns it on and gets it ready) and once you get on the throttle that's when the TPS wire will activate the nitrous from the box.

Monday, November 07, 2005 7:41 AM
jason sikorski wrote:On the Solenoid i have a Black Red and White wire, im assuming black is ground, red is power and white to the?? im confused on how it works. if i ground the black wire, and put the red wire to a switch in the car, then the other terminal on the switch to a power. Would this work becuase the once the switch is flipped then the nitrous would be spraying? The help would be much appreciated. thanks again ~jason

The white wire goes to the Throttle Position Sensor. It is the blue wire on the sensor. It works in conjuction so that the Nitrous is only activated when the switch is flipped and the gas pedal is floored..

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search